767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took one for a test drive today out of curiosity. Noted:

Nice:
Better visibility than the Civic
Nice interior feel.
A rear wiper. :rolleyes:
Smoother ride
Full 'space-roof' (I can see why it couldn't be done on the Civic)
Nice and airy
Didn't roll too badly, although i wasn't really throwing around too much
Civic steering wheel
Civic-ish display computer
USB/Aux in :D
Quiet engine at normal revs
Doesn't sound as rough as iDSI at high revs
Possibly less wind noise than Civic
Better Magic Seat design than MkI

Not so Nice:
1.4 (1339) VTEC a little weedy below 3500RPM, compared with 1.8 in my ES
Gear change throw quite long
Slightly odd feel to the handbrake
Not half as funky as Civic
Light steering (not toooo vague though)
Shift indicator is a 'enjoying your drive' indicator!
No 'heads up' speedo
No devil/angel lights either

As I've decided I don't need a high performance car, I'm quite tempted. I just need the dealer to make me a decent offer!

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not exactly a small boot! And with the seats down I can still get bikes in no problem.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having a browse round it's a bigger boot than a Golf or a Focus. Now if only they put a slightly bigger engine in I'd be well happy.

I need a reason to keep the Civic.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Now if only they put a slightly bigger engine in I'd be well happy.
I could imagine it would be a bit more exciting with a 1.6 or 1.8, though quite possibly your Civic engine wouldn't fit. Of course the new Jazz engine fits the Civic!

I looked at a new Jazz a few weeks ago (when trying to find an 09 Civic to look at) and was quite impressed from the inside. Nice cockpit, as you say, and roomier than I expected.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bucketp, is your wife's the new model? If so, which spec?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I do go for it... What colour?!? (Milano,Alabaster, Storm grey, Crystal Black....)

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Thanks Bucketp, is your wife's the new model? If so, which spec?
No unfortunately its not the new one, its an 03 plate still got the magic seats and loads of space, we have been to look at the new one and find it even better. The only thing wrong with the wife's Jazz is the colour, its pink! I think she bought that colour so I wouldn't drive it.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did have an '02 Jazz. Swapped to the Civic which in general I love. Apart from the performance (which could be down to tall gearing in part) It's properly impressive. I think I should have sat in a Mk1 at the dealers to compare.... It did seem a lot more roomy than my memory of the old one.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
New Jazz

My wife has owned a 1.4 SE Jazz since '03 and she took delivery of the New Model Jazz yesterday. (1.4 ES iVtec)

These are truly great small cars, with such flexible load carrying features and superb reliability (Never missed a Beat!).

Whilst there not the speediest of cars they get on well once up to speed and are very, very economical.

The new 1.4 Vtec engine is a considerable improvement over the old Engine, the seating is now much more comfortable and the overall ride greatly improved.

Equipment levels on the ES is very good.

You may be interested to know that with the old Model you could order in specially (through your Dealer a Jazz Type R - only released in Japan - at least that's what my Dealer told me!

I wonder if the same might apply to this new Model, I don't know if it has already been released in Japan.

Now that would be a Unique Car in the UK, and you probably would get Dealer Warranty though maybe not 3 Years!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You may be interested to know that with the old Model you could order in specially (through your Dealer a Jazz Type R - only released in Japan - at least that's what my Dealer told me!

I wonder if the same might apply to this new Model, I don't know if it has already been released in Japan.

Now that would be a Unique Car in the UK, and you probably would get Dealer Warranty though maybe not 3 Years!
Honda Japan has 4WD version too - that would be quite neat!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think that the Jazz is a great car. We have owned them for over seven years now. Running costs are good and depreciation is lower than many cars. It is very spacious and the magic seats are great. Reliability on the two cars has been first class. :)

My son test drove the new Jazz recently and it seems even better than the old Jazz in most departments.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts