2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tested this car yet?

And where is it build - is it also Swindon like the Civic?

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I would think it unlikely anyone in Europe or the UK will have tested one yet - the car is still to be officially launched, it will be launched in the u.k around october/november
as FWH says it is built in China as the present model has been for some years, build quality is excellent

If you search through the news section there is a fair bit on the jazz

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I would think it unlikely anyone in Europe or the UK will have tested one yet - the car is still to be officially launched, it will be launched in the u.k around october/november
as FWH says it is built in China as the present model has been for some years, build quality is excellent

If you search through the news section there is a fair bit on the jazz
What Car have had one.....

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
right, built in japan, uk honda staff launch next week, press launch was a few weeks back so they'll have seen/driven. official UK launch oct 17th for manuals, feb for i-shift versions. Car is currently running through homologation to confirm emmissions etc.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Shame that the car was released so late, otherwise it could have been our second honda at home !

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I loved my Jazz (52 reg 1.4S). Only replaced it because it didn't have aircon and with the arrival of a baby and family holidays in this country, it was soon required. Never had any problems with it, very, very good on fuel and really comfortable. Replaced it with the previous shape Civic but never bonded with it, possibly because I so loved my Jazz. Now got a 57 reg SE Civic having had a Toyota Verso (boring, ultimate 'white goods' car) and it is up there with my Jazz. New one looks really good and if I didn't need a slightly larger car and it had been on the market a few month ago when I was looking to change I would have been definitely interested.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Full details now available for the New Jazz. Manual launch is October 17th, I-shift variants in January 2009. Priced from £9,990 for the 1.2S thru to £13,590 for the EX 1.4 i-shift. All sub 130g/km co2 so although £120 a year to tax now, ALL variants will be £90 pa to tax from March 2009 (under current proposals).

PDF brochures will be available on the Honda Website from Tues 23rd Sept with hard copies to follow at the start of October.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tried it, bought it, get it in two weeks - well SWMBO does anyway. Brilliant little thing, bags of space, well built and very comfortable, seems to go like a rocket too. If there is any justice in the world Toyota will now never sell one of those nasty tinny Yaris things again.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Tried it, bought it, get it in two weeks - well SWMBO does anyway. Brilliant little thing, bags of space, well built and very comfortable, seems to go like a rocket too. If there is any justice in the world Toyota will now never sell one of those nasty tinny Yaris things again.
Details? Model, engine etc - what did you think to the ride,comfort and refinement

·
Registered
95 Posts
1.4EX Manual, Premium Pack, sort of Blackberry colour, very good seats and rode brilliantly - better than Civic by miles, marvellous build quality and use of space is brilliant - especially the 2-tier boot gadget.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
1.4EX Manual, Premium Pack, sort of Blackberry colour, very good seats and rode brilliantly - better than Civic by miles, marvellous build quality and use of space is brilliant - especially the 2-tier boot gadget.
Nice one - hope your other half will be very happy with it ;)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Yes tested it today............The model was 1.4 EX . It has everything my CTR has and more. My sis in law is up for a new car so we tested it. Good ride loads of room but no discounts on price and a 2 month waiting list so ..........it's looking like another Merc A class for her :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts