2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Went to view the Type-S that I will be picking up on Tuesday.

Garage have just replaced the brakes and pads, completed a full service, Tax and MOT'd the car for me and it comes with 40k on the clock, full service history and only 1 old lady owner.

In my opinion the car looks pretty damn clean, its not got a scuff or stone chip in site and the wheels are, from what I can tell, not damaged and look new.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Sounds like you found a good one mate, let the modding begin ;)

Reactions: GarryA

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Very nice motor there fella petrol or diesel 40k is mint on an 08 plate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you found a good one mate, let the modding begin ;)
I already have it booked in at Celtic Tuning for the 27th October... want to drive the car standard but already know I will want to get it mapped lol

Minter Garry, nice find
Thanks Bud, looking forward to getting my foglight covers ;)

Hi Wardy, thanks mate, its the 2.2 CDTi and it was the 40k miles that was the selling point for me.

I will also be in touch at the end of September to get my key converted, saw the thread and your work is amazing :)

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha exactly ;) I just hope it stays that way now!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
What was an old lady doing with a CTS? ;)

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Make sure you park at the opposite side of car parks where people are too lazy to park :p

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was an old lady doing with a CTS? ;)
You know what, I think she probably walked into the showroom and went... "thats a nice colour red, I've heard good things about these Honda Civic things" and its been pootling around Cheltenham for 6 years lol

Make sure you park at the opposite side of car parks where people are too lazy to park :p
I used to have an EK9 so i'm used to parking as far away as possible ;)

That's how mine has stayed dent free too.

I intend to keep it that way... :D long live Honda!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts

40k on an 08 plate can also hide a whole list of horrors. This one looks good, I purchased my 08 2.2 on 35k..... and its got some skeletons in its closet!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Mileage doesn't mean anything mate that's all I was trying to say. Neither does purchasing from a main dealer it seems as they are quite happy to sell a crock of crap if they think they'll get away with it.

I saw a Milano in the flesh for the first time yesterday, polished up nicely and looked absolutely stunning.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice car mate
Thanks mate!

That's a good mileage! Plenty left in it! Looks well kept in the pic, too!

What's the plan for mapping? And any other mods wanted?
I have her booked in for the 27th October with Celtic Tuning and will just stick to cosmetic modifications like the grill, spoiler, lowering springs and maybe in time the GP kit. Also interior styling like a new dash for a screen and iphone connectivity, gear knob etc. :)

40k on an 08 plate can also hide a whole list of horrors. This one looks good, I purchased my 08 2.2 on 35k..... and its got some skeletons in its closet!
What should I be on the look out for? The garage has been really helpful and unlike other main dealerships they deal with discretion for 3 months if there is a fault... obviously wear and tear isnt including but we will see what happens.

On the plus side, my friend works for a Ford dealership who also have Honda attached so he can do a deal with trade prices and cheaper labour.

And on that happy note :D

Nice car .....
Cheers Booker :p

Mileage doesn't mean anything mate that's all I was trying to say. Neither does purchasing from a main dealer it seems as they are quite happy to sell a crock of crap if they think they'll get away with it.

I saw a Milano in the flesh for the first time yesterday, polished up nicely and looked absolutely stunning.
Yeah this one cosmetically looks like its come from the showroom. I have never been overly fond of red cars, but the Milano red does look stunning!

Thanks for your honesty though Mike :cool:

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got it booked in for the stage 1 and I think after reading a lot of the feedback I'll put some money away for a clutch and flywheel and see how I get on!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts