2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
hmm.... no more power... more doors.. and a shopping trolly handle...

why not re invent the ek9 ? toyota are doing a low powered rwd fun coupe...

so why not honda? 200bhp ek9 :D
Good to see it being tested at an advanced stage in its development. Nurburgring already! Not sure I would take too much of the other info in from that article as it is clear just a test vehicle.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Hope the finished model looks better as the side arch trim looks cheap the alloys a tiny and look nasty as for the spoiler need I say more plus a tow hook on a Type R really?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Hope the finished model looks better as the side arch trim looks cheap the alloys a tiny and look nasty as for the spoiler need I say more plus a tow hook on a Type R really?
It will be an R underneath, just with all the parts from the 1.8/2.2 on top and a taped on spoiler.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It is a promising spot, not sure with the current new civic high price and the announced Focus ST price Honda will have a winner.. unless they go back to their roots of the EP3 launch price, not £15.995 granted but in the same ilk of being ultra cheap against its competitors!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
"Expect the Civic Type-R to stick to its classic defining characteristics of a high-revving naturally aspirated petrol motor putting out over 200bhp and focusing on handling prowess rather than outright pace."

Interesting. All the talk was of something smaller capacity, force inducted....

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
"Expect the Civic Type-R to stick to its classic defining characteristics of a high-revving naturally aspirated petrol motor putting out over 200bhp and focusing on handling prowess rather than outright pace."
I don't really see how they managed to deduce that just from seeing a Civic with some bits taped on it....

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
and no mugen involvement???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like a normal 5 door civic with a ***** spoiler on the back to me. Could it not be something related to the BTCC team instead?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Looks like a normal 5 door civic with a ***** spoiler on the back to me. Could it not be something related to the BTCC team instead?
It's just a mule bud, used to test the engine, set up etc

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Somehow I don't think that will be the new type-r.

It looks crud.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts