2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much craving for a spaceship style Civic, and much FN2 shopping, I decided I had to think about the MPG figures. So I went to see and drive a few FK3's and finally settled on a bargain at a local dealer.

A couple of pics I took after handing my deposit over. Had to wait a week for them to MOT and valet it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after I got the car home, and played about a bit, I had to give it a proper cleaning, as the valet the dealer gave it was a bit poo!

Already in love with the colour, comes up an absolute treat!

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also for the hawk-eyed people, you'll notice that the wheels changed! I had them swap my wheels from my EP2 onto it, as I'd just bought 4 new Continental tyres that cost me half what they offered as trade-in, and the tyres originally on it weren't great (2 failed the MOT).

I wasn't sure how they'd look, but I have to admit that I'm a fan. Although they're a poo to clean!

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Love the colour mate, what bits will you change next? :wink3:

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the colour mate, what bits will you change next? :wink3:
Just considering the possibilities right now.

On the to do list so far though:

Remap
TypeR spoiler
Tint Windows
Exhaust (I need a bit of noise!)
Front grille (unsure on whether to polish the perspex, or tint it, or replace with mesh)
Maybe lower it a smidge.

Whether or not I stick to the plans, is a whole other matter. As long as its clean, I don't mind, so I spend more on cleaning products that mods now 😂

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
You could change the grill to the GT one. :smile3:

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could change the grill to the GT one. :smile3:

That's the one I like

Think it'd look great on mine. Might give the perspex a good polishing before I commit. Otherwise I'll be shopping at Cox soon.

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a PITA to change the foglight bulb! But made me feel a bit more "at one" with the car finally getting my hands dirty with it

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talking of dirty, that slam panel has missed the attention of your cleaning regime!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, it started to rain so I had to put it all back together before I had chance to clean it! I've got a week off next week, so I'll be tackling the car again then. 😁

·
FK3ing Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my 9G had 3 hours of cleaning love yesterday

I do like the 9G, thinking of getting one for the other half.

Cleaning up black cars has to be the most satisfying thing, we have a black Audi that comes up an absolute beauty when polished up nicely.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Black is a pain but as you say, so worth it if you keep it good, the 9G with this last of the line 2.2's is real nice to drive, but I think I still prefer the 8G deep in my heart.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts