2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The old squeaky clutch...

6K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  eagle123 
#1 ·
As title chaps. Squeaky clutch pedal.

Does anyone have an actual fix... Before i take a shotgun to it. Its driving up the bastid wall!!! No Lubricants seem to stop it. Ive tried every on halfords shelf. Been to local garages, motor factors an tried the greases etc. HONDA SOUTHPORT DENY ITS A COMMON PROBLEM ***, say its first they've heard!!!!!! :facepalm:

If there isnt 'a fix', does anyone know who's breaking an FN2 Type R. That i might be able to buy the clutch assembly, so i can fabricate my own!

Thanks, Chris.

#7 ·
I've managed to live with it. Mine comes and goes, it's not always squeaky! But I couldn't afford to replace the clutch slave cylinder over a little squeak now and again.

There is a fix to it in the 'how to' section though, worth a look at... Not sure if it's a permanent fix.

#8 · (Edited)
Ive read all the info and researched into it. Im fully aware its a common problem. The click in the pedal due to the plastic insert being the wrong shape etc (mine doesnt have that thankfully) And the forever reoccurring master cylinder creak squeak. However, no matter how many times i tell technicians and gurus i never get a proper answer. Just "its the master cylinder" even though ive explained the below?

I have COMPLETELY bagged off the green B area as you can see in the pic (roughly) the master cylinder piston area were in my own case the 'apparent' problem is. so No lube contact can come to touch the master cylinder area.

Ive then proceeded to lube an spray around the pivot area, on the inside (both sides) and out sides shown as A. A small shaft that goes across to act as a pinion arm giving a lever effect for the piston to be pulled in an out for the clutch, retracted by a retaining spring.

How, if i lube that area can it be the master cylinder? Example...

squeak on clutch
bag off area around master cylinder area completely
spray pivot shaft each side near retaining spring
squeak disappears
master cylinder area bone dry?

#11 ·
On the inside area of the pedal ie around the spring area, there is 2 plastic spacing washers. When the pivot area of the shaft is pressed in, theyve inserted 2 of these washers to save metal to metal contact.

So i took a hack saw blade to the bastids!!! Whilst pumping the pedal, not taken them out completely, but just enough.

No noise, or resistance, no nothing, free as a bird with zero noise.

I then proceeded to bladder it with lithium grease... Just to be sure.

Its like pulling a big ass splinter out! Chuffed to bits

#13 ·
I thought the clip was down to the plastic insert on the spring breaking? Leaving the spring on the metal, moving around, and giving a clicking sensation when the pedal was depressed.

I think thats an easy fix tbh. Id fully inspect, an identify the broken bit. Then buy or make something to fix. Easier said than done i know. But if mine does it, i'll let you know with a fix, an photo's next time ;)

#15 ·
See which one is moving around. It maybe both? I dunno.

Then try some narrow plastic tie wraps firmly in place, through the same hole the spring goes through. Or, one over were the spring hooks through, with a few round it to reduce movement. See how that works, worth a punt for a few tie wraps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.