2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... from the ashes...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/200049-thegeeksters-fk2-project.html

£3500, 2006 1.8 ES with 66,000 miles on the clock, my attempt at having a nice sporty car starts from scratch! This time I'd like to ask what mod's you think would be good to do. The basic idea is a black and orange theme, orange body colour (eventually) with black highlights.

As you can see, she's completely stock, not the most amazingly looked after interior, but a good basis to start from.

So my ideas at the minute are:

- Service & fit wheels £150 - Ordered Dezent TD Dark's with Falken AS200 Tyres
- Spoiler £200
- Black mirrors £70 - NHB Parts or spray current ones?
- Stereo £60 - Fit the Bluetooth stereo from the old car in the new car hopefully
- LED Brake bar £20
- New discs & pads £280 - Perhaps mtec disks & pads??
- LED's in the footwell £25 - RickhondaR's kit or I might make my own (Fiddling with an arduino lately)
- Paint calipers £15 - DIY? Or shop?
- Type R Dashboard of course

- Respray car candy orange - Lonnggggggg term goal

Sooooo what am I missing?

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
glad to her that you are having another go with a civic mate! After the last one I thought that would be the end of it!!

Where abouts in Dorset are you? Can't be too far from me!

Have a look at my (and many others) mod threads .... the difference some time (and of course a bit of money) can make is amazing!

Whats wrong with the interior? I have a full set of seats and door cards in my garage!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Part ex for a 2.2 diesel? Nah I'm joking mate, get it wrapped orange will be abit more durable than paint. Double din is a must have mod in this car and also lowered, Ide skip springs and go straight for coilovers. Have a look at some build threads on here particularly Farqui, Dougie, Al, and messiah bare in mind there cars are diesel though

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Colour coded trim?

Suspension, coilovers?
It's amazing how many garages and paint shops turn down the offer to colour code it, they are terrified it'll just flake off of the plastic... even though I know there's plastic primer?

Suspension, planning on getting something for the, ya know, special ride qualities this car has :) Can't lower it too much, it's a work horse, can do 100+ miles a day sometimes for work.

Part ex for a 2.2 diesel? Nah I'm joking mate, get it wrapped orange will be abit more durable than paint. Double din is a must have mod in this car and also lowered, Ide skip springs and go straight for coilovers. Have a look at some build threads on here particularly Farqui, Dougie, Al, and messiah bare in mind there cars are diesel though
Had a look at the diesels, but they cost a lot more for a ton more miles :p Plus it was local, cheap, and can't really complain about it so far. I do a lot of short journeys, never really give the diesel much time to warm up, but it was a long argument with myself! I've studied a lot of threads on this forum, hence why I got so adventurous with my last car, type R dash and bits.

I'm gonna try to aim for a respray instead of a wrap this time, just due to the, erm, adventure that wrapping was. But probably will end up wrapping just because money doesn't grow on civic's.

glad to her that you are having another go with a civic mate! After the last one I thought that would be the end of it!!

Where abouts in Dorset are you? Can't be too far from me!

Have a look at my (and many others) mod threads .... the difference some time (and of course a bit of money) can make is amazing!

Whats wrong with the interior? I have a full set of seats and door cards in my garage!! ;)
Ehhhh nothing quite like the civic, just from how it looks, all cars are boring nowadays :)

Poole, near broadstone?

Interior issuesss, so far gear stick worn to crap, stalks pretty worn, leather steering wheel feels like a tentacle, passenger seat has a stain I think? Crispy what ever it is, then it's not got a Type R dashboard :( Other than that all good! Oh and the odd rattle.

(Good god wall of text much)

·
Administrator
18,076 Posts
Colour coding makes such a cosmetic big difference, it's well worth doing. Your paint shop's aren't confident in their own abilities then, tsk! Keep hunting.

Ah yes, the OEM gearknob. They do not wear very well at all. So that'll need adding to the list!

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
lol ..... thanks bud :facepalm: ;)
Sorry mate I weren't being a dick just naming the few lads I've spoke to mostly lol, I'm just residing through your thread now. Never made one myself

·
Administrator
18,076 Posts
Sorry mate I weren't being a dick just naming the few lads I've spoke to mostly lol, I'm just residing through your thread now. Never made one myself

Sam, oh dear :facepalm2: You may need more than this to repair the damage ;)

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
So I just read through cdts thread and he's done a lot of different things. The heated seats in particular is a fantastic mod, don't think I could do with the hassle mind. Have a read through that thread too lll

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Definitely the grill. That should be no 1 priority. You should be able to get mirror caps for less than that. I got some used ones on perfect condition for 40 notes. Or even just plastidip them. Brake callipers is a diy job. Real easy. Halfords calliper paint comes up real nice with a few coats. Rick rs footwell kits are superb. They even come with a dimmer remote. Relatively easy to fit as well. Full clear instructions provided. I have mtec discs and pads. No issues at all and they look sweet. They should only be £160-£180. Got mine on eBay.
If you want I know a guy who has an image pack spoiler for sale. It's in your colour as well ;)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely the grill. That should be no 1 priority. You should be able to get mirror caps for less than that. I got some used ones on perfect condition for 40 notes. Or even just plastidip them. Brake callipers is a diy job. Real easy. Halfords calliper paint comes up real nice with a few coats. Rick rs footwell kits are superb. They even come with a dimmer remote. Relatively easy to fit as well. Full clear instructions provided. I have mtec discs and pads. No issues at all and they look sweet. They should only be £160-£180. Got mine on eBay.
If you want I know a guy who has an image pack spoiler for sale. It's in your colour as well ;)
Oooooooooo do tellllll?/PM :eek:

Also just finished ripping the stereo and type R dash out of my old car, oh my god my fingers hurt so much.

Stereo is so insanely over engineered, my god people, whyyy

Dash was weird that it was only held in with 4 screws, like, the entire dashboard area, all clips.

Then the speedo was interesting, was on the phone to Horizon Honda, they were saying you need to find the screws to remove it... couldn't find screws... pulled insanely hard, popped out... no screws.

Even saved the red engine cover! :D Which I stupidly didn't get pictures of :D

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, manged to fit the stereo yesterday, but I use the term "fit" loosely, for some reason the bottom clips clip in fine, but the side ones wont, it just seems like there isn't enough room on the left side next to the airbag, gonna go back to halfords today and see what they think.

BUTTTT, did manage to fit the Type R dash again, myself :D no Dealership. Speedo is so easy, unpop the top, and pull forwards with loving force.

The instrument cluster, take the top of the steering wheel column off, unclips, then the middle plastic section unclips, two screws behind that, pull the dash surround off unclipping the start button etc as you go, then two more screws in each side of the cluster, then pulls out with one cable. Reverse with Type R dash :)

1 - 20 of 151 Posts