2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
they should be able to paint it in situ mate. Why don't you get the black trim done in the same colour?
£££££££....... :( I'm lacking in that dollar bills. I got a quote from wickedcoatings, to do the black trim is £600 for primer, sanding and painting, ouch. Other places have tried to avoid it, said they can't do it, or never gotten back to me.

I'm gonna have another call around to see what they'll say now though.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Well I haven't really been able to do much, with work, and car insurance due in Jan. (£751, up from £750 last year, thanks people carriers!)

Got around to slowly taking the spoiler off ready to get it painted and assess the damage left behind... oh god I wish I hadn't...

Once the lower trim & spoiler is painted, and the spoiler wrapped, it's going to be drilled & screwed onto the boot, no way in hell am I going through this again.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I'M ALIVEEEEEEE, due to money & god knows how many other issues and bits going on, I hadn't really had much of a chance to do much until now with the civic, but after spending a couple of weeks running around half naked:

The trim is finally painted & on!

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

She needs a full wash before I get some proper pictures but finally, finally it's nearly done! Just need to mount the spoiler on too, I'm not sure if I leave it gloss black, or wrap it in orange... kinda liking the black but I feel like it's a bit too much black at the same time

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

Well, the outside is ALMOST finished, but the paintshop didn't do a particularly good job on the trim paint, so I'm probably going to look for NHB trim down the line, prepainted and happy days!

Otherwise, money has disappeared lately, tax due, full service due, but it's the little things in life, so I'm going to try to replace more internal lights with red leds, see what more I can do down that road. Then eventually when my rear pads need doing, I'm going to get all of the calipers off & painted orange and fit grooved rear discs to match the front.

Do love the colour of the wrap though.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I knew the car was going too well!

Nice big bolt in the rear tyre, anddd the gearbox grinding in 1st and 2nd, garage reckons it could be low gearbox oil, which would be frustrating as Honda were the last people near the gearbox... to change the clutch, really hope I don't have to fork out to get a recon gearbox along with a new set of tyres, or it might be bye bye civic :(

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Yessss! Early christmas prezzy from the garage gremlins! A gearbox rebuild from scratch, and new set of tyres! Now if only they hadn't used my money for it :crying:

£120 later.... hopefully gear changes will be smother now, and Michelin Premacy 3 tyres shoulddddd offer a decent mix of grip & rolling resistance, pick it up Monday/Tuesday

I've been dumped with borrowing the work van, a 2005 Peugeot Expert... not quiteeee the same

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
It's still alive! 126k on the clock now, and still orange as ever! Well... kind of, the wrap has now been on for 4 years, and it's starting to show it's age. Dirt has engrained itself into the wrap (Thanks to trees at work) and it's due to be replaced, so now it's colour picking time again!

I love the orange/gold, but it's not very standout now that Honda offer the Jazz in orange :mad:
Quarantine has finally given me time to sit down and do a stock check of the car, I considered replacing, but I still can't find anything that comes close to how overall fun & practical & relatively eco the engine and body is, and anything that I do find looks fugly.
Will be trying to resurrect the thread too!

141 - 151 of 151 Posts