2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And you thought he was just getting a two tone pink respray...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean because the red body panels on the one above are all the same colour? ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks like Toyota Chilli Red to me!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'ts the mother ship :p :p

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, it's just in keeping with the lifestyle that he's become accustomed to! Chauffeur took the piccy, need I say more!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LoL, Thunderbirds are go! I think I've been trumped :p

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
LoL, Thunderbirds are go! I think I've been trumped :p
Latest news is that Lady Penelope has taken the hump at the Government's latest proposals for congestion charges and has decided to go off-roading instead.;)
Parker has been made redundant and was last seen trying to claim Job Seeker's Allowance...... Who said the Age Discrimination Law would help?!;)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Thanks guys for noticing my absence, I have been rather busy of late. Been away at a meeting to kick off a DTI sponsored project to reduce the environmental impact of FMCG manufacturing (sounds good eh?). The irony is we all drive there, or fly and are probably doing more harm than the good we are trying to do. I have proposed every meeting be started by a ceremonial tree planting!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Thanks guys for noticing my absence, I have been rather busy of late. Been away at a meeting to kick off a DTI sponsored project to reduce the environmental impact of FMCG manufacturing (sounds good eh?). The irony is we all drive there, or fly and are probably doing more harm than the good we are trying to do. I have proposed every meeting be started by a ceremonial tree planting!
FMCG = Fast Moving Consumer Goods ?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
A point for Wooly please!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Just a thought, Richierich. In about thirty years time, well before the worst effect of global warming, nuclear fusion wiill have been developed. Hardly any radioactivity, no carbon...just steam...and near limitless energy from sea water. Exactly how much need we curtail FMCG, or any other goods, in the meantime? This is not an irresponsible justification for profligacy. Far from it. Just a plea for rather more scientific realism.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Had to look up profligacy in dictionary. [smilie=dunceblock.:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a thought, Richierich. In about thirty years time, well before the worst effect of global warming, nuclear fusion wiill have been developed. Hardly any radioactivity, no carbon...just steam...and near limitless energy from sea water. Exactly how much need we curtail FMCG, or any other goods, in the meantime? This is not an irresponsible justification for profligacy. Far from it. Just a plea for rather more scientific realism.
Hmmm - strange you went for 30 years. In 1976 I was working at a UKAEA site, and met a guy who was working on a thing called JET (Joint European Torus), which was the big fusion development project. He was telling me that they were having problems with containing the plasma for more than a few seconds, then it would burst out of the containment field. He was sure they'd have sorted out the physics within a couple of years. They're still trying.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Hmmm - strange you went for 30 years. In 1976 I was working at a UKAEA site, and met a guy who was working on a thing called JET (Joint European Torus), which was the big fusion development project. He was telling me that they were having problems with containing the plasma for more than a few seconds, then it would burst out of the containment field. He was sure they'd have sorted out the physics within a couple of years. They're still trying.
I'm sure this is veering off topic, but still. They've been trying a lot longer than that. Remember the UK's ZETA farce in the early fifties? Things have improved radically today...vide CERN. The theory is well established and the practice is really close now...encouraged, of course, by the obvious need. Thirty years may be wrong...but not by much I think. Doesn't mean we mustn't continue to be environmentally aware, obviously!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts