2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Iv been enjoying my champ white fn2 for just under 3 year's and have been bitten hard by the power bug :)

Done quite lot research into superchargers and the rotrex is the one suited for me :). Before I go ahead with the conversion I'm wanting to see how well the R handles 300hp+ as looking to go intercooler route forged and with necessary brake/suspension upgrades etc.

I'm up at ABP Motorsport on sat 4th august near TDI North for service and few goodies. Wanted to ask if there's anyone with a Rotrex beast around the area on this day who wouldn't mind taking me for quick passenger ride so I can finally make up my mind before commiting. Happy to travel to where easiest to meet?

Cheers guys

Ant

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thought about turbo but with more torque on tap makes me think about how much can be put through the tyres and with having instant throttle response with supercharger.

Although I'll be going through TDI for the conversion open to a turbo experience in the R as well as not experienced this either.

Is yours charged?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Thought about turbo but with more torque on tap makes me think about how much can be put through the tyres and with having instant throttle response with supercharger.

Your officially in "the bitches" bad books now :p
Haha take it your running turbo :)

I'm open to a turbo ride as well :p what setup are you running?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Hi leepie

Cheers for the offer :) are you around early afternoon as my service at ABP is at 9 and having few bits fitted?

How is your beast running? What hp you hitting?
Yes should be around, pm me your number and I'll text you. Mines 401 bhp which is a good balance of useable power but I'll let you be the judge ;)

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Sounds great :)
Are you pretty much maxing out? Have you been tempted by C38-71 :p
I think the platforms maxed out at the moment! Not tempted at all with the C38, IMHO it's mainly aimed at the American market chasing numbers or drag racing, personally I wanted something that would work well on the track. Not knocking anyone who is into drag racing btw its just not what I wanted to build :)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the platforms maxed out at the moment! Not tempted at all with the C38, IMHO it's mainly aimed at the American market chasing numbers or drag racing, personally I wanted something that would work well on the track. Not knocking anyone who is into drag racing btw its just not what I wanted to build :)
Sounds like you have found the right balance for your needs mate. I look forward to seeing your balance :) I'm only running 214 lol

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
not me, im running a standard engine with just handling mods and stoptech 328mm bbk.

Speak to DEZIBOY on here, he has the ultimate FN2 turbo its truely stunning
Thanks for the compliment. The Bitch will be happy.

Being fair Leepie's Rotrex setup is truly staggering and not to be underestimated!!!

He and his car has my respect and he's a friend so im not doing comparisons.

:(THE BITCH:(

·
Registered
905 Posts
If your on a budget maybe look at a secondhand charger for 2k then pay for fitting and mapping at tdi. You won't find a secondhand turbo kit for an fn2 as think dezi is the only one who has this kit in the uk but I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts