2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, But having a post MY13 car, I've got no bolt covers in the front.
Brings down the interior IMO; Such a small omission but the bolt area always collects dust etc (With weekly hoovering)

Now, I'd rather not pay the £50+ for the parts from honda, So I've tried the MY12 9th Gen civics for breaking on Ebay, but the sellers haven't been much help.

Are there bolt covers that I can use on the 8th Gen, Or has someone got a 9th Gen they are breaking?

Thanks

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
No way round this they have to come from a 9g civic, when I bought the type r the other week I made it a condition of the sale that these were to be supplied.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
This has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, But having a post MY13 car, I've got no bolt covers in the front.
Brings down the interior IMO; Such a small omission but the bolt area always collects dust etc (With weekly hoovering)

Now, I'd rather not pay the £50+ for the parts from honda, So I've tried the MY12 9th Gen civics for breaking on Ebay, but the sellers haven't been much help.

Are there bolt covers that I can use on the 8th Gen, Or has someone got a 9th Gen they are breaking?

Thanks
Try contacting some of these?

BREAKING HONDA CIVIC MK9 2011-2015 | eBay

Honda Civic Breaking Mk9 2012 Onwards All Parts Available

HONDA CIVIC 2012-2015 1.8 I-VTE BREAKING SPARES PARTS FRONT END AIRBAG KIT WINGS | eBay

Loads of them on eBay....

I'm sure one of them will have what you want...

Reactions: Haltamer

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I hadn't seen the first one; the other two were the ones that I tried; One didn't know what to charge me, So I amde him an offer and he said No thanks without even making a counter offer; and has now gone silent - The other suggested I try contacting honda :facepalm7:

I'll have a go at the other one though :grin2:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I think the problem you will have is unless they make £30 plus they will not be interested due to the time involved in fetching and packing etc plus postage costs

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,368 Posts
I think the problem you will have is unless they make £30 plus they will not be interested due to the time involved in fetching and packing etc plus postage costs
Off Topic but the Heater Blower went in my Wife's Punto and I found one at a scrap yard and was quoted £30+ Vat = £36.... Got an OEM original off eBay brand new for £36 all in including delivery... Back in the day the guy at the scrappy would always make a counter offer.

Cox are doing the seat bolt covers for £51 if that of interest and back on topic :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts