2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2006 civic and finding my way round it and i had a problem with usb charger not working in the front socket but ok in rear accessory socket.

The problem is the shape of some adapters and if you look into the cigarette lighter you will see some small bits of plastic sticking up from the base of the lighter socket, these are stopping the adapter going down far enough. I used a file and filed a small amount of plastic away from the bottom of the adapter and hey presto charger now fits and works perfect.

Hope someone finds this useful.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Yeah - I've found this too - I modified my adapter with a slightly longer pin so it would make contact.

·
Administrator
21,173 Posts
We've posted about this before but with USB adapters, some are longer than others.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've posted about this before but with USB adapters, some are longer than others.
Yes i have seen a good few posts but they seem to rely on getting just the right adapter, where mine seemed to short to reach, it was only because the width of the adapter would not go past the plastic bits in the base of lighter socket, removed a small amount of plastic from adapter and alls good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts