2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just had confirmation from Honda that they will not provide me with either 2 spares FOC or at reduced cost for my cars :cry:

Spoke to dealer and salesman said that the best they can do is to provide the wheels at cost £80 plus vat so he tells me.

So seems thats the best we will get !!

They say cos we had corporate discount that we can get no more !!

Still await the delivery 31st November ......

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Why would you want two spares?

There has been much discussion on here about the spare (or lack there of) wheels on the civic. You can try to call Honda customer services, one or two of us has had some success with complaints about it. Their reasoning behind it is for weight saving to help economy, and to have bregging rights on the biggest boot in class.
I have a spare on order and to be honest I am in two minds about having it. As a peace of mind thing, it's great, and the already discussed matter of getting gunked tyres repaired. But I am so used to having that extra storage in the boot, I will sorely miss it when it goes. It swallows shopping up so well, and stops it flying round the boot!

Sorry, back to the point. The cost of £100 pounds supplied and fitted is at a loss to Honda, so although it may not seem like it, it is better than paying RRP for it, however much that may be.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spare Tyre

Hi Bungle,

we have purchased 2 new civics 1.8 EX i-shift for myself and my fellow director.

Long wait though !! - could have got a Porche or Lambo quicker .... but not for the same money I suppose :(

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Oh, right. I bet the dealers eyes lit up at "I like it. I'll take 2, please"!

And, no, I don't think you could have bought two lambos for the same money...

How much longer to wait, now?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Long Wait

Hi Bungle,

we ordered them back in July and delivery is quoted to be 31st November 2006.

Just in time to fill it with presents for Santa at Christmas :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts