2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WOW!!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! it was a milano red Type R GT with the 19" rages!

only if i could get a job right now and a driving liscence, id have one! its so much more exciteing than the lotus elise i went out in. I know the lotus has more speed, but the civic jus had its own league.

out of all the cars ive been for rides in (BMW M6, Ferrari 308 GTB, Lotus elise mk2, Holden monaro VXR) The civic Type R was (i no it sounds a bit strange) the most exciteing. Dad got it up to 8000 revvs several times and i even got a little go, but only down my privet road so there was nothing to crash into, hehe! but i floored it in second and CHRIST did that go!!!! i absolutly loved the ride!!! I so am going to start saving for one of them!! hehe!

Thanks for all your tips on the type R guys and gals! i so so want to go for a ride in another one though! If anyone who lives in norwich would'nt mind taking me and my dad out for a little spin in their type R, it would be most appreciated! HAHA!!! it was so amazing! the sound was emmence from those pipes, oh my god!!!!! Oh and by the way, my dads name on civinfo is The Terminator

Cheers guys!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Ah. Looks like you have fond the Type R grin :D
The best part about it is that it does not seem to go away. Glad you both enjoyed the experience.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Type r

Lewis Hamilton look out.:cool:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ya gotta luv m

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I know wot you mean, i was goin to wait till after Christmas ( late jan/early feb time) to get one, but since i test drove 1 last week, my plans have somewhat changed. Im getting 1 as soon as!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p
Make it quick cos after Xmas they're going up in price, best part of £400. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe

we only wish we could afford one...... we will have to see what father christmas brings. ;)

it was just amazing! you lucky lucky people who own one!! wish it was me and dad. hehe!!

enjoy your type R's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will just have to stick with our 1.8 SE, but at least its type R red, mmmmmmm [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
we only wish we could afford one...... we will have to see what father christmas brings. ;)

it was just amazing! you lucky lucky people who own one!! wish it was me and dad. hehe!!

enjoy your type R's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will just have to stick with our 1.8 SE, but at least its type R red, mmmmmmm [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

They all look the buisness, Nos, whichever one you have, so much different than any other car, oh and red is the fastest colour anyway I'm told!!![smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh

oh my god, no way will we be getting one now.... the stupid goverment have added new car tax to the list now!! £1000 is added to the price of any new car bought... stupid or what!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep bloody stupid, just another hammer the motorist tactic, disguised behind this green issue crap. Were to easy, just sitting ducks. :mad: and :(

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Don't quote me, but I thought the new showroomtax was only on 4x4's people carriers, and BIG engined cars!!
So your Type R should be fine!!

I want one too, but have 3 kids and we can't all fit in!! I do still love my 1.8 EX though!![smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
192 Posts
copied from another forum.................

FN2 07 onwards:

From 13 March 2008 is Band F, 12 months tax is £210

From March 2009 is Band K, 12 months is £300

From March 2010 is Band K, 12 months is £310, first year rate will be £550

.................................courtesay of Fife Flyer

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I also thought it was only on high polluting cars?
yep.

and at 215 co2, the R falls squarely into that bracket :(

But I think the showroom tax doesn't come in until 2010-11 tax year?

road tax on the R rises a fair bit though - there is a thread with VED amounts per year for each model (inc R) in Off Topic :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts