2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 3099 Posts

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
So I washed & waxed it all up yesterday and took it in for its MOT.

It failed :-(

Front offside strut leaking quite badly and.....

1 advisory.

Unbelievably I picked up a sodding nail in the rear N/S tyre on the way to the MOT station !

Spent yesterday replacing the strut. £67 (from Millfield Autos) but the tyre place was shut so I'll get hat sorted tomorrow

·
Registered
36 Posts
Booked it in for a front end respray, fitting of the 5 door GP kit and spraying it to match.

Wife says I’m mad for spending the money on it but there isn’t a car around that ticks all of my boxes like this one.
hi mate what are they quoting for a front end respray?

does it include both wings and bonnet?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I paid £130 all in for the valve clearance, but others have got it done for £100.

Worth checking the are replacing the rocker cover gasket/seal for the price you agree and not reusing yours with loads of sealant.

Not sure, I have printed out the guide on the forum someone was kind enough to share and haven't opened the box from COX's yet to see what all is included. Could be a week or so before I tackle mine and even then will have my friend who knows more about cars at the ready if it all goes pear shaped... its my daily driver, cant get to work otherwise haha
i have just paid £100 for valve clearance and while the garage had the car i got them to fit my fuel filter, i had the part and stripped the centre console out, i paid £60 for the fiiting at the main dealer

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
hi mate what are they quoting for a front end respray?

does it include both wings and bonnet?
Yeah, both wings, bonnet and front bumper. That’s a standard front end. It’s £500 for the front end plus extra for he body kit.

Will be sourcing spare doors as going to be cheaper this way to repair key damage than painting

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
What I did today to my car was registering to this forum. Best thing ever. And, yes, I put under the mirror some Air Spice ( Tobbaco-Vanilla and Cedar-Orange).
Aside all the things I need to replace and solve, at least she smells good.

Stef
2.2 Sport
welcome and enjoy the forum:wink3:

·
Mitko
158 Posts
The "What did you do to your car today?" thread (merged)

Welcome! I do not know if registering is a good or a bad thing...money wise.

To the thread. Inslalled my V6 switchbacks (on your left is the chinese SB, right are the VLEDS, soooo bright ), washed the car and for the first time applied a nice coat of wax.
Also ordered a pair of two tone horns as I saw that there's a pretty good access to the OEM horn, while installing the switchbacks. Mine sounds really awful and I am ashamed if I gotta honk at some peasant.
Also, travelled 2100km last week, with the car absolutely packed and was really afraid that there's no clearance between the tyres and wheel arc (could barely fit a finger under). Well it turned out that the tyres are stronger than steel and now I got wide bodied rear wheel arcs.
Had to pop up few clips to push out the plastic trim so it does not get damaged.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
replaced my front and rear badge the sun had tarnished them , the rear was a pita but patience with the fishing wire and a heat gun sorted it...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Changed the pollen filter in the TypeR and the Si - amazing how filthy they got in a year!
Also got rid of the bobbling on the TypeR seat bolsters with VERY careful use of disposable razor. Now nice and smooth.

2461 - 2480 of 3099 Posts