2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 2935 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Dropped off new fog lights to body shop in preparation for car to be out back together.

Led h11 bulbs already installed ready to go.

Saw the car in all it’s disassembled glory wearing the city pack protectors, image pack body kit and newly Repainted front bumper.

Took delivery of new projector retro for HID headlights and will be fitting Monday prior to bumper going back on.

All new bulbs ordered as well while I’m in there.

Mud flaps also colour coded as they were brand new from lings.

Feeling happy!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Put new HKS panel filter in the CTR to replace the old dirty one, seems a bit perkier now.
Checked tyre pressures now temperature has dropped.
Cleaned the headlamps with Meguires PlastRX - surface now nice and smooth but still some crazing in the plastic?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Put new HKS panel filter in the CTR to replace the old dirty one, seems a bit perkier now.
Checked tyre pressures now temperature has dropped.
Cleaned the headlamps with Meguires PlastRX - surface now nice and smooth but still some crazing in the plastic?
Means the lenses are shot.

You got HID or normal halogens ?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
HID

The bottom inch or so of the glass is slightly cloudy, difficult to describe and only shows up at the right viewing angle.
I thought someone might have been clumsy when mopping the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Well I’m due to pickup my discounted lights from Honda soon, ended up going with custom ones so if you want what I’m paying for them you can have two brand new lights for £300.

·
Registered
71 Posts

so recently changed to a civic type s due to crash in the old one, and the gear box was on its way out.

i have installed a new sound system with subwoofer retaining the original head unit, bluetooth via aux for now.

have wrapped the headlights purple and purple calipers and dust caps and lug nuts. i have installed all led bulbs including headlights

so i installed new wiper blades and a new battery today, Bosch batter along with Michelin slim wipers

so far still enjoying the car, albiet only 1.4 i-vtec, good mpgs around the 48mpg mark on typical 50 roads. to work.

as mentioned in another post, looking to switch to a type r at some point.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Picked up the civic from the body shop.

Mud flaps still to go on, but they've been painted ready for the poppers and single screw install.

Had to fettle with the front bumper to get it to fit, no idea why but with the new section the diffuser kept hitting the air dam so i simply ripped off the air dam and it fits fine now. Must be more than one part for the air dam but i dont see what it does anyway!

Image pack kit, city pack, rear bumper garnish and a repainted front end to top it all off and removal of all key damage and a smoothed front bumper.

Number plate is going on the lower diffuser as ive got a plate relocation kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Took out washer bottle filter again to clean off the slime that’s blocked it for the third time in six months.

Getting sick of this now so I’ve cut holes in the filter and put it back in for now. Easier to clean the pipes then taking the car apart every time and cutting my hands to pieces.

Installed my front city pack protectors as I forgot to do that yesterday. A quick wipe of fast degreaser and on they went

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
Took out washer bottle filter again to clean off the slime that’s blocked it for the third time in six months.

Getting sick of this now so I’ve cut holes in the filter and put it back in for now. Easier to clean the pipes then taking the car apart every time and cutting my hands to pieces.
Do you not use screen wash? Ive never seen green slime in a washer bottle on any car. Maybe you need to treat your tank with bleach first, kill off any algae in it. BTW id be worried that making holes in the filter will only lead to blocked washer nozzles now.

2881 - 2900 of 2935 Posts