2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2929 Posts

·
i-Vtec
1,501 Posts
Fitted my MTEC front discs and Mintex pads today, including bleeding them. No issues. You know when your pads are past it when they fall away from their backing plates taking them out. They were Pagid pads, which again proves that with plenty of material still left they are way past their best, they are too hard for my liking. Hopefully get the rears done tomorrow if weather holds.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Do you not use screen wash? Ive never seen green slime in a washer bottle on any car. Maybe you need to treat your tank with bleach first, kill off any algae in it. BTW id be worried that making holes in the filter will only lead to blocked washer nozzles now.
I use sonax nano. I’ve already sterilised it with bleach and vinegar. It’s not green slime it’s clear.

If it goes I’ll get a new pump from ECP for £15 which includes a new filter.

·
i-Vtec
1,501 Posts
Well no issues with MTEC, good service, fast delivery. Did the fronts yesterday and the rears today. Good fitment. Had the usual issue with the pads being too tight for the anti rattle shims, even though i removed the caliper carriers and took a wire brush on a drill to make sure they were spotlessly clean, but a grinder to remove the paint from the very ends of the pads and they are a nice fit. Pedal is rock solid now, its amazing how flat true surfaces really improve pedal feel.
On a separate note the Civic will turn 80k on the way to work tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Well no issues with MTEC, good service, fast delivery. Did the fronts yesterday and the rears today. Good fitment. Had the usual issue with the pads being too tight for the anti rattle shims, even though i removed the caliper carriers and took a wire brush on a drill to make sure they were spotlessly clean, but a grinder to remove the paint from the very ends of the pads and they are a nice fit. Pedal is rock solid now, its amazing how flat true surfaces really improve pedal feel.
On a separate note the Civic will turn 80k on the way to work tonight.
Nice one, I'm just in the process of cleaning all mu calipers and fitting new piston and seal kit. Brakes are currently in the workshop at work, taking me 6 lunch breaks to clean them so far, then I have to paint them before fitting the new piston and seal. I'm going with PBS pads, but looking at the MTEC C-Hook discs so will be interested to see how you get on with them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
View attachment 310843
Fitted fn2 speedo. Polished speedo display with greygate plastic polish to remove scratched and damaged anti glare coating. Just waiting to wire up the battery volt meter the weekend coming along with footwell lights and illuminated kickplates to the option connector
Just need that excellent 3rd light greygate is excellent isn't it

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,636 Posts
View attachment 310843
Fitted fn2 speedo. Polished speedo display with greygate plastic polish to remove scratched and damaged anti glare coating. Just waiting to wire up the battery volt meter the weekend coming along with footwell lights and illuminated kickplates to the option connector
looks very nice buddy... :)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Wired in a Nissan Navara auto dimming mirror, used the option connector terminal with ignition on for live and a nearby bolt for the earth, followed one of the dashcam hardwire posts for wire run but managed to thread the wire behind the airbag without removing the A post cover. :)

2901 - 2920 of 2929 Posts