2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2921 - 2935 of 2935 Posts

·
i-Vtec
1,506 Posts
Wired in a Nissan Navara auto dimming mirror, used the option connector terminal with ignition on for live and a nearby bolt for the earth, followed one of the dashcam hardwire posts for wire run but managed to thread the wire behind the airbag without removing the A post cover. :)
Remember to drop the centre rear head rest for it to actually work. With it up it wont catch a headlight from the rear to work properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Upgrade or Downgraded, who knows, basically removed my troublesome power folding mirrors and fitted the non power folding ones.
I couldn't be asked with the mirrors sitting at weird angles and not locking in to place.
The plugs are the same and they are totally compatible if anyone wanted to change to the manual mirrors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
did you not try replacing the SOD's
Nah I didn't bother with replacing the SOD. Even with the SOD removed the mirrors click in at the wrong angles, seems like a physical/mechanical issue.
The replacement mirror was £50 posted vs £100-150 for a power folder so feel like I am just avoiding a future issues with switching to the manual ones.
I'm happy to strip the power folder and see if it repairable and then sale them.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Been in contact with a really good mapper who was keen to see if he could do anything for the iShift civic. This is with potentially fully working cruise control, reverse lock etc.

Send them a spare ECU that was for the iShift (its different to the manual one) and the its been successfully programmed with the Immobiliser off with a basic map for intake and exhaust.

Just waiting for it to come back so i can plug it in to see if its drivable or if it just freaks out. If it works, then in the new year my car will be the official test rig for a truly plug and play iShift map for the 1.8.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Had some brake squeaking noise this week, so took all 4 wheels off only to find two calipers had seized sliders due to torn rubber boots. Freed the sliders off and greased everything up. Pads had loads of life, so although I had bought new pads all round I didn't bother to fit them.

Ordered a set of new rubber boots all round, but at least the sliders are free for now. Hopefully the weather will be good enough over Christmas to get the new boots on.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
After finding my spare wheel well soaking I tried to fix the leak. Hopefully its sorted. There was water coming in the seal on one if the smaller light units on the tailgate.

·
Registered
303 Posts
After finding my spare wheel well soaking I tried to fix the leak. Hopefully its sorted. There was water coming in the seal on one if the smaller light units on the tailgate.
Have a little leak in mine as well. Where exactly was yours?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Have a little leak in mine as well. Where exactly was yours?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hi, it was the driver side smaller light unit on the tailgate. I stripped all the plastic and tipped water all over and all the back of that one light was dripping wet. Luckily I had a spare unit so I fitted that.

2921 - 2935 of 2935 Posts