2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 2986 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Changed the spark plugs for a set of new ones. Nice easy job. No idea when the old ones were last changed (if ever) but they didn't look too bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I made 5 of them, 3 polished and 2 not. That's what I could make out of the alli bar I had. I've had a couple of people ask the same. Just not sure on a price. I've thought about making them before to sell as well. What would you say is a fair price?

Not too sure really, there is a guy on ebay selling some nice ones for around £25 posted, with the 123456R ingraved on the top. I am not really sure the kind of effort gone in to machining them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Gave the MAF sensor a clean which I'd been meaning to do for a while. Also swapped the reversing camera for a slightly different type which is more compact and can be angled to give the best view.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Installed and hardwired a Toguard 10" rear view mirror dashcam and this poor electrically inept muppet even managed to splice into the reverse light to turn it into a reversing camera as well!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I like the sound of that, does it just clip over the original rear view mirror or can you remove it and replace it with the Togaurd?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oil and filter change,air filter and repairs to plastic undertray I didn’t know had bottomed out and split. A hoover and polish all ready for m o t next week

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I like the sound of that, does it just clip over the original rear view mirror or can you remove it and replace it with the Togaurd?
if it's like my set up then yes mine straps around the rear view mirror, mine came with a rear camera which has the option to splice into the reverse light power cable and turns the rear camera into a reverse camera, the only down side i have found is the mirror is tinted and makes it very dark at night, it's like it has a permanent dimming feature. i paid £17 for mine off the bay of E, i have got a hardwire kit which i still need to fit, but for £17 i cant complain it does what i need it for.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Gave the MAF sensor a clean which I'd been meaning to do for a while. Also swapped the reversing camera for a slightly different type which is more compact and can be angled to give the best view.
What camera did you get Paul? Mine works fine in daylight but night is a poor picture with a purple hue. A bit of adjustment would be nice also.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is the one I fitted

As was mentioned in the other post the mirror is dimmed for night but I've not had any issues with that.

I've got it set for image-off in 30 seconds so the fullscreen acts just like a normal mirror.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
One of these - Car Night Vision Rear View Reversing Backup HD IR CCD Camera 170° Waterproof UK 6263943232585 | eBay

Its nice and compact size wise. Picture wise isn't bad but slightly bright/washed out compared to the previous camera I had. But that camera was probably twice the size.
Thanks Paul, I shall probably buy one for a fiver and it's an easy fit to unplug existing camera and plug new one in.

Took mine for an MoT this morning. Just an advisory just for front drop links, so I have replaced them this afternoon along with caliper slider boots all round, as some of the boots had holes. Boots weren't picked up on the MoT, but as I had the boots and knew they needed doing, figured I'd just crack on while the weather was fine.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Went for a drive whilst it’s dry see how the newly fitted manifold performs with my new Marlin Stage2 ECU (courtesy of TPW) that’s a massive 👍
Then gave the beast her first big clean of the year, looks lovely and shiny again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Replaced my fog lights that were letting in water due to perished seals and also had scorched reflectors, presumably due to water ingress. I'm amazed I haven't blown any bulbs or fuses up to now!

Before and after photos say it all really. I'm pretty happy to have replaced both for £59 delivered, courtesy of the bay of E!

I now have this idea to strip the lenses off the original lamps and maybe use them as fog lamp protectors somehow. I assume to do this I'd need to gently warm them in the oven to soften the glue or something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Replaced my fog lights that were letting in water due to perished seals and also had scorched reflectors, presumably due to water ingress. I'm amazed I haven't blown any bulbs or fuses up to now!

Before and after photos say it all really. I'm pretty happy to have replaced both for £59 delivered, courtesy of the bay of E!

I now have this idea to strip the lenses off the original lamps and maybe use them as fog lamp protectors somehow. I assume to do this I'd need to gently warm them in the oven to soften the glue or something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
someone may want the back if you are removing the glass to make some air intakes on the cheap

2941 - 2960 of 2986 Posts