2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3018 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why not just buy a set of perspex ones of wanner 69 civinfo club member , good quality and a perfect fit !
I’ve just done this very thing, after the wife hit a stone flicked up from a passing car, shattering the fog light and requiring a replacement.
The only issue is now the older light looks crap in comparison to the new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
someone may want the back if you are removing the glass to make some air intakes on the cheap
Will keep it in mind if I decide to split them down, or even if I don't!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Why not just buy a set of perspex ones of wanner 69 civinfo club member , good quality and a perfect fit !
Mostly because I like a good bodge so fancied giving it a try. Also because I have them just sitting there and because if it works, I shouldn't ever need to worry about removing them for long periods of use since they are designed to resist it.

I hear plenty of good things about Wanner's protectors though!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
best £20 I spent on both the FN2 and Si
damn sight cheaper than even a used fog light - only found them after one got smashed.
need to get some of the 3M sticky tabs as eventually they will come off the glass.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Oil and filter change done along with engine mount inserts. Car feels more planted and no wheel hope will better grip, a little more vibration can be felt through the steering wheel but nothing off putting. The gains outweigh the cons.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Oil and filter change done along with engine mount inserts. Car feels more planted and no wheel hope will better grip, a little more vibration can be felt through the steering wheel but nothing off putting. The gains outweigh the cons.
The inserts settle down, had mine about a month now, barely remember the ride prior having them fitted. They a certain benefi

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
The inserts settle down, had mine about a month now, barely remember the ride prior having them fitted. They a certain benefi
That's good to know, it's not a problem but can feel the difference but happy with the grip gains so all good.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Finally got around to putting my OEM clutch kit on, also changed the gearbox oil, clutch fluid and crank seal. Feels amazing now, geabox is slick and light again into changes, clutch bite is higher and softer, it doesn't struggle at high reves or vtec or pop out of gears, its beautiful ha ha. Just improved the drive overall.

Next day had my headlights buffed up to remove stones/greying/clouding look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is the one I fitted

As was mentioned in the other post the mirror is dimmed for night but I've not had any issues with that.

I've got it set for image-off in 30 seconds so the fullscreen acts just like a normal mirror.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nice! I just started a thread asking about these rear view mirror cams. To get the back camera setup, is there a hole to thread the wire through or did you have to drill one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice! I just started a thread asking about these rear view mirror cams. To get the back camera setup, is there a hole to thread the wire through or did you have to drill one?
You loosen the bolts for the rear light cluster and thread it through there into the boot trim.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,375 Posts
For the last few weeks my car has been 15%down on fuel economy, sluggish power delivery and a low burring noise at low revs so it felt like time for an EGR clean. Took it out just after and it feels miles better already.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
How many miles you covered to get to that stage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had the car in for a service today and also had the gearbox oil and clutch fluid changed at the same time. Jobs which in years gone by I would have done myself but these days anything that would involve me being under the car for prolonged periods I just prefer to pay someone to do it in half the time. The dealer gave the car a free 'healthcheck' as part of the service which showed most things were ok, however they notified me of a loose front offside shock cover and nearside mirror indicator not working. So that's two things I'll be looking at fixing in the near future. I'd mentioned to them about a minor running issue around 2k rpm which the mechanic said he could detect but couldn't pinpoint the cause without much further investigation. I'll be trying to figure out the cause myself first though before I resort to having the dealer investigate. They also gave the car a wash for me too which was a bonus lol.

2961 - 2980 of 3018 Posts