2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3016 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
So after discovering the nearside mirror indicator wasn't working I had a look at it today to see where the fault lies. Whipped off the mirror cover and disconnected the indicator. A look at the two contact pins showed a little bit of Verdigris on one but not excessive. However connecting a battery to them failed to light up any of the led's. I connected a strip of led's to the open end on the car and they light up fine with the indicator on so the problem is not with the wiring on the car at least. I'll get a replacement indicator bought on ebay for less than £20 to fix it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
How did you protect them after polishing?
No idea mate, I just rang a decent body shop I know locally, asking if they did it or it was more of a detail thing. He machined them down with different grades but I never thought to ask. I will ask them when I'm next in. It was only £20 so if it clouds again I will have it done and covered.

Make sure you coat them with some form of clear coat or it'll cloud over even quicker.
Same as above person mate, thanks for the tip. They look lovely tho and the night shots with the lights left on, oh mama!!! This subtle little thing along with the new clutch etc etc made me love the car even more. If not done a lot to the car but its making me want an HKS and a Spoon n1 now.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
No idea mate, I just rang a decent body shop I know locally, asking if they did it or it was more of a detail thing. He machined them down with different grades but I never thought to ask. I will ask them when I'm next in. It was only £20 so if it clouds again I will have it done and covered.
I done this on my previous civic and applied Gtechniq c4 for protection, but after about a yeah they started to turn yellow and had to do it again.
Optimum opti-lens or 3M ventureshield film is another option, but cost significantly more and not sure about durability.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Cleaned my EGR valve. Wasn't as bad as some others but only 68k and I don't tend to over-economise in high gears.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stared at it with utter lust then drove it to work with a big smile on my face.

Only had it since Saturday and the honeymoon feels like it'll last forever :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fitted the new mirror indicator and also reconnected the reverse camera lead from the back of the nav dvd which had managed to fall out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cleaned the egr valve, wasn't as bad as some of the pictures here but at 170k miles it was well needed. Darkness crept up on me whilst putting everything back together, underestimated how long some of the bolts would need to be taken off (completed the whole job in about 3 hours).
IMG_20200201_160933.jpg IMG_20200201_160943.jpg IMG_20200201_161203.jpg IMG_20200201_161213.jpg IMG_20200201_182942.jpg IMG_20200201_181512.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
gave mine a quick clean yesterday - 2months worth of road dirt :(
FINALLY got round to fitting the rear two teamHeko wind deflectors today too. Fronts have been installed for a month or so. I'm suspect if the sticky tape&clips will hold the rears in properly when at speed, but worth a go. they shouldnt completely fall out unless i open the windows more than about half way due to the way they fit.
still very meh on the looks of deflectors but they were bought for function than style.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was going to hoover mine, opened the boot and the compartment at the bottom and found this...

anyone got any suggestions on where to even start looking at the cause, the top of was dry...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Start removing the boot interior panels, then get someone to spray it with water whilst you're inside. But water has to run down so the leak can't be below that level. Also, can't remember what its called but when you shut the boot there is something that relieves the pressure. I think its behind the bumper or something, check that.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Was going to hoover mine, opened the boot and the compartment at the bottom and found this...
View attachment 311539

anyone got any suggestions on where to even start looking at the cause, the top of was dry...
Mine was soaking in there. Try looking at the seams at the end of the roof rails. Also the rubber bungs where the wires go through to the tailgate were leaking on mine.

2981 - 3000 of 3016 Posts