2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3134 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Took my bumper off to see if I could fix the alignment. I compressed the clips. Thought I had but it still keeps popping out slightly around the left side of the grill. :mad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took my bumper off to see if I could fix the alignment. I compressed the clips. Thought I had but it still keeps popping out slightly around the left side of the grill. :mad:
Mine does this aswell and tightening the clips and slightly moving it and all kinds of pushing and pulling have made no difference

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mine does this aswell and tightening the clips and slightly moving it and all kinds of pushing and pulling have made no difference
Yeah it's really annoying. It's better than it was but not perfect. I've tried tightning the clamps, I think I need to some how make the lug bits stick out more so it latches onto the bumper better.
This is where it keeps popping out.

·
Super Moderator
1,122 Posts
I have noticed that the hot weather recently has had an effect on mine. Sitting in direct sunlight the plastic heats up and expands so pops out of the clips a bit since it is fixed at each end by the single screw.
Some squeezing of the clips so they are tighter on the bumper might help but seems not to have from what you say.

·
Registered
239 Posts

If i force this side in it pops on the other side of the grill
The red on the bottom of the headlight is colour wax
Ithink we need new frames for under the lights

·
Registered
732 Posts
If it's headlight brackets you need I've got two if needed going cheap nothing wrong with them...

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got my Aircon regassed, has never been regassed since it came out the factory I don't think. Nice and cold again now. Would of done it at work for free but haven't got a clue when it's being reopened so had it done at a local garage for £59.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
finally installed the best and cheapest mod on my car, after months of collecting dust.. - a shortshifter! the feeling when shifting thru gears improved tremendously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
You could just google "fn2 short shifter" and choose from whichever seller/supplier you like that sells the short shifter that looks like this, since it's the same thing only packaged and priced under different brands.

I bought mine from China's Aliexpress for about US$8.
US $7.7 20% OFF|FREE SHIPPING Quick Shift Adapter FOR Honda Civic Type R 2006 2011 FD2 FN2 Short Shifter Turbo WITH PQY CARD + STICKER SSA01|turbo adapter|turbo hondahonda turbo - AliExpress

The installation wasn't that hard, just a bit time consuming but totally DIY doable. Youtube has few installation videos done by FN2 owners for guidance and tips.

tips: having a dremel would save you a lot of time with the installation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
How long does the process take from you not having a wheel in your car to getting it fitted?
I went for the replacement...so received m the new wheel in the post, transferred all the bits over from mine and fitted the new wheel. I then sent my old one back for a £50 refund.

If you were to send yours off to them expect a 2 week turnaround.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Been under the car today injecting Dinitrol cavity wax into the sills, wire brushing loose rust of the underside and coating any surface rust with rc900 rust converter and 4941 wax. Not cheap stuff but will hopefully keep any rust at bay.

Edit: Apparently I did it upside down. Not sure why the phone sometimes rotated the images.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Replaced the air conditioning relay today after the system packed up out of the blue last week. Looking forward to tomorrow’s commute in ice cold air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3081 - 3100 of 3134 Posts