2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3216 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i did one of those last weekend, it only seemed to smell really fresh for a day though
Likewise, I used a Holt air con bomb the other day. Not used the car since so can’t comment on how long it lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Not 100% sure it's just what I've read.
OK read that post.
But I have a tested 215BHP with nothing else changed but the HKS panel filter?

·
Registered
171 Posts
OK read that post.
But I have a tested 215BHP with nothing else changed but the HKS panel filter?
That's good, if it works it works. As I said it's only what I've read. Don't really want to spend anymore on Intake stuff, spent £420 on the hks, £30 on the cold air intake and £60 on another airbox and resonator only just to end up back to standard. 🙈

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
According to Wikipedia MAP sensors are usually found on forced induction engines together with a MAF sensor.
N/A engines normally only have a MAF sensor
I think the FN2 only has a MAF sensor on the downdraught side of the air box.
Anyone know for sure?

·
i-Vtec
2,605 Posts
i did one of those last weekend, it only seemed to smell really fresh for a day though
They are supposed to help clean bugs and smells from the system though, not so much make it smell nice per se' Mine wasn't smelly so aren't expecting anything special, really just wanted to do it though. I changed the pollen filter a few weeks back too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
According to Wikipedia MAP sensors are usually found on forced induction engines together with a MAF sensor.
N/A engines normally only have a MAF sensor
I think the FN2 only has a MAF sensor on the downdraught side of the air box.
Anyone know for sure?
Yeah we have a Maf sensor to measure the amount of air to adjust fueling where as the ep3 uses the map sensor but I still think that the m.a.p matters. (Manifold absolute pressure) But the fn2 does still have a map sensor, I'm sure it won't make a massive difference either way.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Been doing a fair bit of work underneath the car during lockdown, including the exhaust manifold, securing the exhaust heat shields and sorting out some surface rust underneath. Car hasn’t been washed for a couple of months and was looking a little down at heel.

So today I gave it a wash and wax to freshen it up a bit.Looks a bit better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
10th service. Engine oil, gearbox oil and coolant were changed, new engine air filter, brakes were serviced. Only fault that rear exhaust heat shield fall off, rusted. No other faults were found.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Two new front callipers, nice lick of white paint and fitted. All sort

Reactions: Farqui
3141 - 3160 of 3216 Posts