2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3216 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I changed the hardwiring of the dashcam from always on to ignition on with the option connector spade trick. With lockdown/furlough/WFH I've drained my battery a few time hence the change.

Also installed the auto wing mirror folding module as per the cowabunga car diaries video.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I changed the hardwiring of the dashcam from always on to ignition on with the option connector spade trick. With lockdown/furlough/WFH I've drained my battery a few time hence the change.

Also installed the auto wing mirror folding module as per the cowabunga car diaries video.

I watched that to but when I looked for the module it was £50 and I’m being tight, I’m not paying that much for it

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was straightforward. Just be nice and gentle taking off the door trim and you won't break any clips. The hardest bit was removing the wiring plugs as there is a small tab you push in to release them.

I know there are cheaper kits but I bought the ones in his link simply to make it more straightforward. I wish I had done it ages ago tbh.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
633 Posts

I watched that video too but when I looked for the module it was £50 and I’m being tight, I’m not paying that much for it

·
Registered
36 Posts
I watched that to but when I looked for the module it was £50 and I’m being tight, I’m not paying that much for it
Ife bought a module before for cheaper but it didn't have a loom, just an absolute car crash tangle of wires. In this case I was literally buying the simplicity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't do much but the last 2 weeks I fitted an aftermarket stereo double din for the first time, gave the car a nice clean, trying to get AC sorted but bit of a hassle.

I bought a mirror module for £14. Just waiting for it to arrive and going to try get it fitted, oh and kerbed my wheel like an idiot 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replaced the tatty drivers mat with another honda one. Swapped the scratched piano black dash with type r dash from ebay. Took the opportunity to replace the blown bulbs in the fan/air con switches and the anti-rattle tape. Added tape to the lower section of the dash that holds the temp sensor whilst it was off. Also polished the very scratched anti glare coating off the rev counter with some meguirs. Shame to lose the anti glare but it looked terrible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
FINALLY got round to getting the green mould out from around all the rear light clusters.

Also took off my rear view mirror and mirror dashcam to look at the problem of it slumping in 18+ degree heat. I found the internal ball ring had a hairline crack which I sorted with a dab of superglue and took the poor strap fixings for the dashcam and removed them then stuck the cam onto the RVM using number plate sticky pads. This makes it less obvious from the outside and hopefully will reduce the small amount of visible vibration.

I've ordered some new rear speakers and small LED strips to sort out the wing mirrors ready to follow the guides in the how-to next weekend.

·
Registered
758 Posts
How did u remove the mould out of the rear centre part left,right part is ok to clean but the centre part you'll be lucky if you can squeeze your nail down there

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used a paintbrush to apply some Jeyes fluid and left it overnight, then used a jet wash to really get at it. The jetwash sorted it very efficiently.

·
i-Vtec
2,605 Posts
So as it finally stopped raining I swapped out the ARB's. Very easy job. Other than a jack and axle stands all you need is a 15mm socket, 3 bolts to remove, pull the old arbs out and push the new ones in. Bought genuine 'Onda ones as they are dirt cheap. The old ones wernt that bad, light cracking around the edges but nothing to write home about.

As usual one thing lead to another and I continued treating the light surface rust under the car with Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80. I had a look at the bits Id treated a few weeks back and the improvement is amazing. I just wish I had access to a 2 post ramp, it would make the job easier.

So whilst under I noticed the middle section heat deflector was hanging off due to the aluminium corroding. Normally I just rip them off as I never have any luck with the nuts, but anyway managed to get all 4 nuts moving and added large washer to each, one less rattle avoided.

I also found one of the plastic pop studs missing off the under engine cover so another possible rattle fixed.

3161 - 3180 of 3216 Posts