2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3272 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
As you know grossey i love your car especially the colour but I'm not a great fan of the back spoiler matey, each to own as they say rest is lovely

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Not today 'technically' but had an oil change from the Fuchs Titan race to Shell Helix Ultra, because of availability if anything, filter, sump plug and washer + new NGK irridium plugs fiitted yesterday. The day before Honda dealer did a 35 point check & air con clean.

Good feedback from them for my 11 year old+ Type R baby. Judging by the video Honda did it looks like my standard Honda Civic Type R dual exit is a little rusty, such a shame I will have to replace it.... :):cool::p(y)

·
Registered
95 Posts
We finally have a stretch of nice sunny and dry weather (I hope I haven't jinxed it now), so yesterday I finally applied CarPro DLUX to the faded plastic trim under the windshield — it needs 1-3 days to dry.

It looks better than before, but I'll wait a couple of days before my final opinion — some other stuff that I tried before looked good initially, but after a few days it went back to the original faded look.
I might put a second coat if necessary....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Did my arbs today too there are three 14mm bolts something I noticed is the part number decimal on the side of them old ones were 22 new onces we're 23 what does this mean? ARB bar size .. I've did these 18months ago and replacing again .... Nice smoother over bumps though. Next is subframe bushes as there slightly cracked and rear beam bushes too but might put powerflex in there .. also re-tightend all the sub frame bolts and there 17mm also put a snapped in the top section of the sub frame as the bolt next to the three bolts connects straight through to a 17mm nut on top so torqued that right up much better now and regreased the ARB plate up to so no creaking ....

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,785 Posts
That's the size Kirk, 22mm or 23mm. For a daily I wouldnt bother with the powerflex, rear of the civic is hard enough.

·
Registered
766 Posts
That's the size Kirk, 22mm or 23mm. For a daily I wouldnt bother with the powerflex, rear of the civic is hard enough.
It's just I can't get the OEM bushes ? ... Plus some garages have said it'll have to be a new beam... I walked

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,785 Posts
It's just I can't get the OEM bushes ? ... Plus some garages have said it'll have to be a new beam... I walked
Febest and Meyle both do them

TBH if you've got the space, and knowing what I know about the rear beam, id be looking to pick up a newer one, strip it, wire brush it fully, rust treat it then paint it. The bushes will be a PITA to remove on the beam, there's a flange on the inside, so the usual threaded bar and large sockets probably won't be much use.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
finally fixed my wonky steering wheel. since factory the wheel has been slightly left-hand down. car has been to honda twice, and 2 different independents (one of which is Center Gravity in Atherstone) and no fix even after revisits.
i've been running my own tweaked setup to get the wheel straight but it never felt easy on the road. overly sensitive. inner edge of tyres wore so obviously too much toe-out.
today i reverted by change, removed trackrod ends and counted turns as it came off as i thought maybe they were unequal. nope, 15turns both sides so back on they went to orignal position.
car is perfect now. tracks true & straight and isnt overly sensitive. not sure whats going to bother me more. not knowing what the issue was and how i actually fixed it, or the fact i've acomplished a 4year old issue that no one has been able to fix.

almost forgot, also removed a tight bolt for the oil drip tray. all the other bolts when in with the same method, and came out fine bar one. striped the philips head and even took effort with grinder+hammer & punch to get it out. no idea how it got so tight but it's out now so have to get a new one ordered up from honda at a silly price

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got a part for the back of headlight delivered only to find out the previous owner broke the plastic headlight housing. 😤 and he also killed the washer bottle and it's leaking out every time I fill up.

·
i-Vtec
2,785 Posts
So after getting my AC recharged a few weeks ago it stopped working within a couple of days. Fitted a new Nissens condenser today so will get it recharged again and see if that was issue.

3201 - 3220 of 3272 Posts