2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3261 - 3270 of 3270 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had the car in for a clutch fluid flush. Came back fluid jet black and master cylinder half way between min and max. Going back in tomorrow, garage said it will be difficult to get it clear cos of gunk in the system. Have others had this issue or nice and gold coloured fluid after a flush?

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Was nice and golden when Honda dealer did mine.
I assume they pulled clean fluid all the way through and not just siphoned out the master cylinder.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had the car in for a clutch fluid flush. Came back fluid jet black and master cylinder half way between min and max. Going back in tomorrow, garage said it will be difficult to get it clear cos of gunk in the system. Have others had this issue or nice and gold coloured fluid after a flush?
I did my own but yes definitely clear after done that's why it's called a fluid flush as you flush all the old out with new

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think it's been touched, the rubber cap on the bleed bolt hasn't moved, it has a blob of white paint on it, and there is dust over the cap and bolt. Would have expected some marks or fluid residue. Will see what they say tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Noticed there was fresh dot 4 over the brake res. Dropped the car off this morning, showed them the filthy clutch fluid. Mechanic said that they had pressure bled it fom the brake res as they're connected. I said I didn't think they are and you need to flush it from the clutch slave cylinder and clutch res. Car now back having been flushed properly, pedal fees lighter and more consistent. Will go the honda next time.

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Dozy mechanic!
Totally separate reservoirs, probably got confused as the brake reservoir is in two parts with a pipe between them.

·
i-Vtec
2,777 Posts
I bet the guys like "Whats that small reservoir for?" LoL.
I just did the rear brakes on my mates Santa Fe this morning. He had it in for an MOT and got the usual Brake Discs Pitted and Scored no the test sheet. So he just went and bought new discs and pads. Discs were perfect condition, just needed the pads. The things some garages get up to.

3261 - 3270 of 3270 Posts