2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3497 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,785 Posts
I did mine last week only been in the car 8months took it out it was black and fell to bits

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yep do mine once a year at least.
Cost next to nothing (I use Bosch) and takes 5 mins.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Found out why my car smells like damp, I have a water leak into my boot, no idea where it's coming in though. Both sides are wet and behind both side compartments in the boot are wet.

Looking at previous posts looks like it could be quite a lot of different places. 😩

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Abs/vsa lights came on yesterday. Checked brake fluid today, it was quite low. Topped it up and have been driving all day today with no warning lights. Lets hope it stays that way.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gave the car a quick wash to get rid of the bird poo before it stains the paint and resealed the seams in both sides of the roof rails. Hopefully no more wet boot or rear passenger seat belt. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
141 Posts
Write up a "how to" please, would be useful just in case
I tried following guide on here not realising it wasn’t for the K20a2, so started by taking the battery and battery tray out, no sensor 😳 after a bit of fiddling about found it buried on the top of the gearbox right up against the right side of the engine 👍🏻 To get to it you have to take both air intake pipes and air box off, unbolt a wiring loom and move it to the side (or not if your feeling brave) and then you have to get under a water hose with a 23mm socket on the sensor and fiddle an extension bar in between the loom and the pipe to get wrench on to loosen it 😳 put new one in, fiddle with socket to tighten it, bolt loom back in place (or not if your me and didn’t realise unbolting it would have made life easier doh!!) refit intake pipes and air box, tighten everything up and finally if you went at it cak handed like I did refit battery tray and battery, phew 😂 fire her up and hey presto got reversing lights again 👍🏻

·
i-Vtec
3,273 Posts
Checked my boot for water, no more puddles, a little bit wet still but I'm hoping that's just the water that's already behind the trims. 🤞🏻
Buy a couple of newspapers and shove them in the affected areas, also worth running with your AC on to help remove the remaining dampness too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Few little jobs over the week , sealing the boot because you know they all leak ! New pistons/seals fitted to new calipers that need to go on ! Fitted dark wing mirror led dynamic indicators , drilled out rounded off disc retaining screws and inserting new thread inserts. And used flat shift and launch control at every opportunity 😂

3441 - 3460 of 3497 Posts