2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3561 - 3579 of 3579 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
How sensitive is the K20 to oil levels? Everyone says its really fickle and that it uses loads, I’ve just had to top mine up for the first time 4 months, I didn’t think that was bad lol
Mine does not drink oil at all, and it's gone 344k km. Got lucky i guess!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,949 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to use a drop.
But then I don't do many miles and it has been serviced every year regardless.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Fitted new battery which replaced the old Yuasa one. At least the negative terminal fits much better on this.

·
i-Vtec
3,492 Posts
God only knows why Honda used a battery with small terminals, then fitted a sleeve to make them fit a standard sized connector.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh and I just did this now as my cigeratee lighter plastic surround broke and it was coming out every time I lifted out the lighter so I've glued the sides and pressed back in

I knew these York weight plates would come in handy 🤣

Let's see if the gorilla glue does the job...

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh and I just did this now as my cigeratee lighter plastic surround broke and it was coming out every time I lifted out the lighter so I've glued the sides and pressed back in

I knew these York weight plates would come in handy 🤣

Let's see if the gorilla glue does the job...
I'm not sure that's how you're supposed to add weight to the gear shift 🤔😀

·
Registered
254 Posts
RHD short shifter fully fitted, as you might have seen on my other thread

Also used anti fog on inside of windscreen
Does Rain X actually work? As for years I've just sat in the car in the mornings for a few mins waiting for the windows to clear or stupidly driven stooping down low so I can see through the tiny clear hole the blowers have made for a few miles :LOL:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm not 100% yet I coated it up if it's cold tonight and I get some condensation il let u know as I'm up early tomo

I found a bottle knocking about so thought why not

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reversed too quickly off a driveway and the front end bounced off the raised gutter ejecting every clip from the front bumper and arches. So spent the day repairing the plastic arches and replacing all the clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,949 Posts
Reversed too quickly off a driveway and the front end bounced off the raised gutter ejecting every clip from the front bumper and arches. So spent the day repairing the plastic arches and replacing all the clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'll learn you

·
Registered
277 Posts
Neil that is so annoying when that happens!
Is yours lowered?
No I think I just need new front suspension haha I'm noticing that it's bottoming out on sleeping policemen or is that a speed problem too? No only joking but yeah I think new front legs as I've done the backs and springs so probably out of balance now

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good shout mate I just ordered yellowspeed coilovers for £653 with black Friday

I like you think my suspension is tired and sagging

I've seen a full set of OEM Sachs shocks for £300 on eBay. Item number 171859332612, that seller does the fronts too

Oh Neil I also remove the front under rubbers on the bumper as the rubbed on some bumps and upset the bumper

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good shout mate I just ordered yellowspeed coilovers for £653 with black Friday

I like you think my suspension is tired and sagging

I've seen a full set of OEM Sachs shocks for £300 on eBay. Item number 171859332612, that seller does the fronts too

Oh Neil I also remove the front under rubbers on the bumper as the rubbed on some bumps and upset the bumper
Nice one with the coilovers. I got Sachs for the rears and already have the front springs as I bought a set of four so I only have to do the legs but MOT due January so I'm going to wait till then so all fresh and checked ready

Sent from my Bush10Nou using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like a plan mate , il have the coils on soon with some supporting mods

To much outlay this year , really wanted the Rotrex shaft drive charger, but far exceeded my budget lol

3561 - 3579 of 3579 Posts