2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 4053 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Pjack I just used a paintbrush and applied wax gently all the way along , I done it with trim in situ
For the black stuff I've been using Gtechniq C4.
I like P&S bead maker for the paintwork, you use it like Autoglym aqua wax but has to be left in a dry place for a day and it gets really shiny, not suitable unless the car is garaged in our climate.

·
Super Moderator
2,227 Posts
What is this "snow" "foam"? As other folk on other forums are talking about washing their cars with it too!
I use Autoglym Polar Blast to get the grime moved after I have rinsed with the jet wash to remove the grit.
It looks like Jay's picture and just gently agitate with a sponge or mitt and then rinse off and dry the car.
With a decent wax (collinite 476) on the car I don't need to do anything else but sometimes use Meguire's ultimate wash & wax between waxings.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
I'm using BH shampoo and snow foam and stuck with AG wax for now, as it looks and works better for me than anything else including Colli 476, Fusso etc.
BSD mix as a drying aid works well too.

For the black stuff I've been using Gtechniq C4.
Same. Can't find anything else that will match it looks and durability.

·
Super Moderator
2,227 Posts
I use Valetpro Black to the Future on my trim. Seems to work well provided you leave it to cure properly and don't buff it off too quickly.

·
i-Vtec
3,807 Posts
I use Autoglym Polar Blast to get the grime moved after I have rinsed with the jet wash to remove the grit.
I use BH Auto foam through a pump sprayer at 4%PIR, rinse, them AG Polar Blast, rinse. Moves about 95% of the dirt. Great in the winter for a quick wash when you dont want to be messing around with buckets. Works best if you have a good LSP underneath the dirt.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Pretty cold outside so didn't do too much. Swapped the passenger side door switch as 'the management' was complaining the interior light didn't come on when she opened the door. Old switch had dropped to bits and the wires needed fishing out of the the b pillar.

Also took off the door card and replaced the power mirror switch. Old one worked OK but both mounting tabs had broken meaning the switch fell inside the door card.

Came back in the house to get warm. Brrrrr.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah I can see the swirls from here
no black cars for me again but they do look nice.
Haha yeah, black cars are a nightmare, show up every imperfection. My old silver Cupra R didnt have visible swirls and this was before I even knew about the two bucket method.
I did machine polish it a year ago because when I brought it I'm guessing the previous owner wasn't to hot on his cleaning skills.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
New battery fitted. Just wondering if I should put it on charge for a while or not? I guess you never know how long it was standing around before being shipped and fitted.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Yeah, new batteries should be charged for a bit. A decent drive or a trickle charger for a few hours.

·
i-Vtec
3,807 Posts
They usually have a date on them that should give you a clue. I never bothered charging mine, fitted it and forgot about it.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Been using a snow foam lance attached to the Karcher the last six months and love it!
However to save a huge heap of time as well as backache I just spray one section at a time and use the foam itself instead of the bucket of car wash n wax I’d normally use.
Rinsing before and after as well.

3901 - 3920 of 4053 Posts