2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3921 - 3940 of 4005 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Damn rear nearside brake was binding. A bit of braking freed it.

My car really doesn't like being stood still for more than a few days!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Cleaned the engine bay. Turned out ok for 15 minutes work.

Was sealed using Carpro Perl

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I managed to free off both my front calipers using my wind back tool, big swan necks wouldn't move the pistons at all. I've got new pistons and seals ready to go on but this will hopefully give me a few months before I have to do them. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
The locking pin on my driver's side door decided to ping off into a corner of Tesco car park...

Have never seen such an error, I should have recovered it but didn't fancy getting on my hands and knees in the dark. :whistle:

What the f**ck. I've just looked it up and it appears to be this

As in all I need to do is find a nut and bolt that fits in there maybe?

Although does anyone know if the pin is easily removed from an intact mechanism?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nothing...which is really annoying. I have a freshly delivered front gp splitter ready to be fitted. Unfortunately had to sand my hallway/landing for preperation for painting, I have been putting off to long. Next weekend watch this space, that baby is going to be fitted.

·
Registered
641 Posts
@Negativvv that is one annoying problem I hate when things like that happen! I'd need an exact replacement, OCD kicking in

Nice one on splitter Hemingway, is that the complete gp.kit? I want the rear piece it's so damn expensive I'm broke this time of year lol

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
The locking pin on my driver's side door decided to ping off into a corner of Tesco car park...

Have never seen such an error, I should have recovered it but didn't fancy getting on my hands and knees in the dark. :whistle:

View attachment 316248

Although does anyone know if the pin is easily removed from an intact mechanism?
Similar happened to me on my pass door last week. Its been loose for a while though. It knocks out easily and Ive knocked mine back in for now.

Checked honda site and looks like you cant buy just the pin. If mine continues to come loose im going to change it. Friend has a spare door and said i can have pin. Might be worth getting to scrapyard if you can but guess correct size nut and bolt would work

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Negativvv that is one annoying problem I hate when things like that happen! I'd need an exact replacement, OCD kicking in

Nice one on splitter Hemingway, is that the complete gp.kit? I want the rear piece it's so damn expensive I'm broke this time of year lol
Just the front, so wanted the rear also but funds couldnt push that far, just so dam expensive. 4-6 months and I will look at getting it. I have to sort front shocks first as these require replacment as was pointed out as advisory on mot. Going to change all the shocks and I also have some eibach progressive springs which require fitting at same time. Had the bloody springs since I purchased car, that was last March. I was going to have a go my self but work has been so busy I dont get time.

·
Registered
392 Posts

View attachment 316248

Is there enough room to fit a clevis pin, if you can get one the right diameter (seem to be imperial)
Screenshot_20210110_220113.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
@vti444 I bet if those pins were purchased from the dealer they'd probably come with the bloody door and they'll say can't be sold separately 😂

·
Registered
641 Posts
I like those rims what's their weight? Saif I was meaning to ask you how are you finding that quaife diff?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like those rims what's their weight? Saif I was meaning to ask you how are you finding that quaife diff?
I read on the official website that these 7J are 7.6 Kg. Quaife diff is amazing! the car grips well on corners, the front ends doesn't slip. as long as my tires are good, i'm always happy on corners

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was thinking of upgrading my diff to wavetrack or quaife I have a standard LSD dunno if il notice much difference on road

Cars come up for sale the wrong time! :'(

I saw typer Sam is selling his charged fn2. What a minter!

I feel like buying this & selling mine! Why am I looking at loans lol Probs work out cheaper than modding mine with diffs and other items

eBay: 154283992334

@Wilmo @pjacksat55 makes you realise how overpriced that that Mugen fn2 is when we were discussing it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
well if you manage to sell yours and get the supercharged one, that would be perfect as this car has lots of mods!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Would love to know the performance figures for a supercharged FN2, would probably be one of the faster hatches one could spend money on!

Probably too hairy for me as a daily 🐔

·
Registered
641 Posts
Honestly I've been toying back and fourth about adding a shaft drive charger to my car, best quote I had was 6100 Inc mapping on dyno

It's Money 💸 il never see again no question

Or finish off my NA efforts & get an RRC, FD2 TB & Cams and leave it at that

Stroker kits are mightly expensive

If I were to charge I'd probs end up spending on uprated drive shafts & uprated clutch so will be going on 7k +

My sensible side says stops spending and enjoy as is but my 'you only live once side' says just do it !

My sensible side says that'll be a big chunk of deposit on an FK2, then again I test drove one and found the FN2 more fun

I've been in many a turbo car but never a Supercharged one

3921 - 3940 of 4005 Posts