2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

3941 - 3960 of 4005 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
Honestly I've been toying back and fourth about adding a shaft drive charger to my car, best quote I had was 6100 Inc mapping on dyno

It's Money 💸 il never see again no question

Or finish off my NA efforts & get an RRC, FD2 TB & Cams and leave it at that

Stroker kits are mightly expensive

If I were to charge I'd probs end up spending on uprated drive shafts & uprated clutch so will be going on 7k +

My sensible side says stops spending and enjoy as is but my 'you only live once side' says just do it !

My sensible side says that'll be a big chunk of deposit on an FK2, then again I test drove one and found the FN2 more fun

I've been in many a turbo car but never a Supercharged one
Try this

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,392 Posts
What did you do to your car today .................. washed it

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
I bet he lost alot on that motor unless it's been kept , point of no return springs to mind lol
I think it was done as a "let's see how far we can go" show car project.
You can clearly see that it is undriveable and hits the rev limiter as soon as he touches the throttle.
Mind you be a load of fun and scare the 5hit out of so many "supercar" owners.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a supercharged Merc and loved it, the power was just effortless, really wish I could find another one with same spec, I’d deffo have another 👍🏻

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had a supercharged Merc and loved it, the power was just effortless, really wish I could find another one with same spec, I’d deffo have another 👍🏻
I had a supercharged Merc, it's was gutless, it's was only a c200k though, don't think the supercharger did anything. I'm guessing you had a 55 kompressor, now those were great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a supercharged Merc, it's was gutless, it's was only a c200k though, don't think the supercharger did anything. I'm guessing you had a 55 kompressor, now those were great!
It was the old W202 C230 Kompressor, close to 200bhp under my right foot, I loved it 👍🏻 It was Amg specced apart from the engine, after the Fn2 it was deffo my favourite car I’ve owned

·
Registered
475 Posts
As cool as that Ultra FN2 is, it seems a bit pointless. Fwd probably can't cope with 750bhp+ and even if it did via an LSD and huge tyres it would need new rubber all the time. Probably pretty difficult to drive slowly too!

·
Registered
294 Posts
It was the old W202 C230 Kompressor, close to 200bhp under my right foot, I loved it 👍🏻 It was Amg specced apart from the engine, after the Fn2 it was deffo my favourite car I’ve owned
AHH, yeah they went quite well those ones. Mine was a w203 200k I think around 165bhp, not very quick in a automatic, I've driven the mercs with the old 55 V8 kompressor lump and the torque is lovely.

·
Registered
209 Posts
AHH, yeah they went quite well those ones. Mine was a w203 200k I think around 165bhp, not very quick in a automatic, I've driven the mercs with the old 55 V8 kompressor lump and the torque is lovely.
Found one very similar on Auto Trader, they seem to be going up in value, could have a mint Fn2 for that money 😳

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Waited for the rain to stop, then managed to change the rear brake pads and discs. First time I’ve ever changed brakes by myself. Followed the how to guides on here and some videos from YouTube. Took my time. First side took ages, the other side was much quicker as I knew what I was doing by then. I noticed one of the pads had uneven wear. I’ll do the fronts when we have some dry weather. Probably won’t be for a few days now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would love to have a go at this but sort of worried if I dont get it right wont be back on the road or it will take me too long. Do you have to bleed the brakes after.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Would love to have a go at this but sort of worried if I dont get it right wont be back on the road or it will take me too long. Do you have to bleed the brakes after.
No but you need a piston rewind tool. It quite straight forward. Once you do one side, the other side will seem easy. Just take your time, watch a few videos and you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
You really might as well bleed whilst you're changing pads and discs. With the right tool it takes minutes, connect up a vacuum pump after draining then refilling the main reservoir. Then pump out the brake until the fluid looks pleasant and clean.

Brakes are surprisingly easy to change when you consider how important they are towards a car working properly! The front ones especially...

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Sorry but there is no need whatsoever to bleed the brakes when changing pads or discs - brakes only ever need bleeding if for some reason the hydraulic part of the system has been unsealed (which does not happen changing pads or discs) or when fluid is changed.

Change your fluid as per schedule & don't touch those bleed nipples when you change pads & discs.

Why needlessly complicate a straightforward brake job (parts change) by doing something completely un-necessary and more complicated than the simple job of swapping parts out - very poor advice indeed IMO to suggest bleeding brakes as a matter of course.

One thing you absolutely should do however is a visual inspection of all the seals and boots on the caliper and of course lubricate those sliders (y)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry but there is no need whatsoever to bleed the brakes when changing pads or discs - brakes only ever need bleeding if for some reason the hydraulic part of the system has been unsealed (which does not happen changing pads or discs) or when fluid is changed.

Change your fluid as per schedule & don't touch those bleed nipples when you change pads & discs.

Why needlessly complicate a straightforward brake job (parts change) by doing something completely un-necessary and more complicated than the simple job of swapping parts out - very poor advice indeed IMO to suggest bleeding brakes as a matter of course.

One thing you absolutely should do however is a visual inspection of all the seals and boots on the caliper and of course lubricate those sliders (y)
True it depends when the fluids were last done but if one doesn't know then surely it's better to do it and then it's sorted then no?

Suppose a quick inspection of the brake fluid will tell whether it's dirty or not...

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
As cool as that Ultra FN2 is, it seems a bit pointless. Fwd probably can't cope with 750bhp+ and even if it did via an LSD and huge tyres it would need new rubber all the time. Probably pretty difficult to drive slowly too!

Yeah but once going look at how it goes down the road and leaves the black orange and two red turbo FN2 Type R's!!!! Anyone know if there are any build threads on here of those other turbo ones done by Tdi which are around the 400-500bhp mark, would be a good read??

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
True it depends when the fluids were last done but if one doesn't know then surely it's better to do it and then it's sorted then no?

Suppose a quick inspection of the brake fluid will tell whether it's dirty or not...
No - If the fluid needs changing then change it for sure - your original point was that you should bleed the calipers when you change pads, this is utterly pointless and has absolutely zero benefit - bleeding the brakes is completely different to changing the fluid (which of course will involve bleeding).

A brake pad replacement is a simple process and it is really unhelpful IMHO to overcomplicate that by adding pointless & more complex processes to it - changing pads is an easy place to start for someone wanting to do some maintenance themselves - bleeding brakes is not.

I do agree that fluid should be changed on schedule, if you are unsure when/if the fluid was changed then there is a good argument for checking the colour of it - in this case I WOULD bleed a little from a caliper (the colour of fluid in the reservoir is not likely to be representative of the colour and condition at the caliper end)

3941 - 3960 of 4005 Posts