2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
The 1.8 slumped to a disappointing 38mpg, although that was through the snow fall etc so it's hardly much to complain about!

Amusingly greasing the clutch mechanism did NOTHING, it's squeaking again. It's definitely not the spring, maybe not even that hinge thingy. As it doesn't squeak when the clutch is pressed in neutral or when the ignition is off. Only when I'm actually using the gearbox. Guess it's the design flaw mentioned a few days ago...

·
Super Moderator
2,539 Posts

·
i-Vtec
4,122 Posts
The 1.8 slumped to a disappointing 38mpg, although that was through the snow fall etc so it's hardly much to complain about!
I have found that MPG drops when the air temp is below 10C. Mines been sat at around 36mpg of late, but its not been above freezing, till yesterday, since the last week in December here. Cold weather, car sitting idling while defrosting all take its toll on mpg.

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
334 Posts
Waiting on the garage phoning to let me know my new brakes are fitted, hurry up I’m having vtec withdrawals here 🤣

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,488 Posts
Mine was in for service today.

Brake pads 80% remaining ........ not bad for original pads on a 2013 Civic. Same original tyres as well and loads of tread left. and on 24k. Must start using the brakes.

·
i-Vtec
4,122 Posts
Mine was in for service today.

Brake pads 80% remaining ........ not bad for original pads on a 2013 Civic. Same original tyres as well and loads of tread left. and on 24k. Must start using the brakes.
Aye they pads are most likely to fall apart from lack of use, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Plenty to choose from, I used Super GT Hubcentrics. Only issue I had with them is the studs are too long to use the Honda locking wheel nuts.
Thanks I will check those out (y) and will try the 20mm rear and 15mm on the front

4221 - 4240 of 4366 Posts