2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes totally see what you mean now that's a big difference. Thanks for the pics, really looks a lot better filling the arches and nicer stance

·
Registered
410 Posts
Plenty to choose from, I used Super GT Hubcentrics. Only issue I had with them is the studs are too long to use the Honda locking wheel nuts.
Honda produced their cars with 2 different wheel studs (one longer) and wheel nuts to match.
I bought a new set from Cox for my car, listed as 9030-4SA-5013 and found them a lot shorter than the ones on the car
IMG_20200521_145505.jpg

They bottomed out on the studs
IMG_20200521_145529.jpg

I only noticed because it nearly pushed the end of the nut out.
The correct nut if you have the longer wheel studs is
90381-S4L-003, which Cox sell but need to be ordered in (I think they are listed for the CRV)

·
i-Vtec
4,122 Posts
Honda produced their cars with 2 different wheel studs (one longer) and wheel nuts to match.
I bought a new set from Cox for my car, listed as 9030-4SA-5013 and found them a lot shorter than the ones on the car
Ah yes I noticed there were two different sizes after picking up some at the scrappies, the ones they leave in the alloy wheel nut packet. I wondered if maybe 16" and 17" wheels had different ones.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Put 300ml of extra oil in the gearbox. Very rough guesstimate of what I lost when I changed the drive shaft!!

Also did an oil and filter change. Trying out 0w-20 this time round. Wondering if it's an issue as the dipstick shows slightly over the cross pattern as I just emptied 4l into the engine rather than measuring the last bit. I did let it all drain out completely however.

Best thing is i did both whilst on a work Zoom meeting :cool:

·
i-Vtec
4,122 Posts
Nice deep clean exterior wash then Das' Kerb Side Servicing to the rescue with a brake pad swap on a neighbours Dacia Sandero. Nice and easy peasse 30 minute job. Should have been discs too but ECP listed and sent the wrong disc's for his car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had to cough up a fair bit of money following this years Mot

Showing this invoice, for anyone interested in knowing how much in my case(may vary who does the job)

Now that the front 2 shocks have been swapped, i can definitely feel the slight change, as i no longer need to grit my teeth when going over speed bumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
That looks very good Neg, especially on the plastics - please do let us know how it lasts (y)

Flax oil, what is it & where do you get it? I'll put some on my shopping list.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That looks very good Neg, especially on the plastics - please do let us know how it lasts (y)

Flax oil, what is it & where do you get it? I'll put some on my shopping list.
I believe any oil will do. As the guides suggested Olive Oil but I ran out and there was an old flaxseed bottle in the house. Suggestions than even (clean) engine oil can suffice!

Keen to see how long it lasts yes as the bumper back to black stuff I've got is useless. If it doesn't last long I'll heat gun it in Summer and oil it up again. But if it lasts 6 months+ then I see no need to waste time or money on more expensive methods as it literally took me 10 mins to rub around the car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I believe any oil will do. As the guides suggested Olive Oil but I ran out and there was an old flaxseed bottle in the house. Suggestions than even (clean) engine oil can suffice!

Keen to see how long it lasts yes as the bumper back to black stuff I've got is useless. If it doesn't last long I'll heat gun it in Summer and oil it up again. But if it lasts 6 months+ then I see no need to waste time or money on more expensive methods as it literally took me 10 mins to rub around the car.
I've used teak oil on my trims before which works well and lasts too. Just clean the trims beforehand and apply a coating of the oil. After about a minute or so give them a light wipe down with a microfibre cloth and they look like new. Plus the oil is dirt cheap so a tenners worth will last years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a mod here... but cleaning!

So you think your car is clean?

Borrowed a friend's vacuum cleaner for liquids and cleaned all the seats. He works on boat and yacht services and has professional cleaning products. Car is 2008 and didnt particularly look dirty when i got it from previous owner, but now i can see how i was sitting on someone else's filth. We did 3 runs on every seat and liquid was still coming out dirty!

The car's interior looks brand new now.

·
i-Vtec
4,122 Posts
Ive had both version of Kirks Modified rear brake light, always had good service from him. Ive tried to get him to become a trader here but think he just prefers doing it via Facepage.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Ive had both version of Kirks Modified rear brake light, always had good service from him. Ive tried to get him to become a trader here but think he just prefers doing it via Facepage.
yes very good service, he is now looking at doing rear infinity lights and wing mirror indicators

4241 - 4260 of 4366 Posts