2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 4718 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
RRC manifold , Skunk2 thermal gasket, Teg TB gaske, Rocker cover gasket, spark plugs seals & Rocker cover nuts.

All arrived today waiting on some more parts which seem to be taking forever to arrive so I get this lot on
View attachment 317587
Nice your really going for it, must have spent a pretty Pennie. Bet when it's all fitted it will be a great improvement.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mate the mistake I made I spent a small fortune on my previous FN2 then ended up getting rid of it

Now I'm back in the FN and this time round I've gone balls to the wall

Needless to say I'm banned from getting another car for a while 🤣

The plan is to get all the performance bits out of the way then move to subtle styling the keep for a few years

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just pulled out the FD2 cams cleaned up lubricated in oil and repackaged air tight

I really wanna get this stuff on now just waiting on the balancer shaft kit to arrive and that cam cover

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was thinking of sticking with the RRC but seen this on eBay

Would go well with a matched 70mm but there are no reliable TB on the market car the spoon FD2 TB which is nearly 1k forget that!!

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
342 Posts
Never imagined the interior would look this good on my recent type r purchase. Borrowed a bissel wet cleaner off someone. Was really satisfying and interior came up amazing, it was rank before...

View attachment 317630

View attachment 317631

View attachment 317628
View attachment 317629
Look good them mate. When I first purchashed mine it looked perfect. Had it 14 months and the drivers seat is starting to look like yours slowly and everywhere else is still perfect. Its the seats, they catch moisture/sweat from the legs and the dry like salt marks.

·
Registered
Honda civic mk8 1.8ex
19 Posts
I purchased a bonnet conversion strut kit, looked good but was a bit aggressive and to much strain on the welds on the hinge. So today is changing up an dressing up hoses an changing up some of the plastics.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tegiwa spacers fitted, looks so different. Then discovered my exhaust bracket had come away again 😡. Was tack welded around 12months ago. I havent heard no knocking so mighy leave it for now. Get back box frabricated or just a full cat back later in the year. Exhaust in good condition really, just the bracket broken.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It takes some getting used to seeing the tyres sticking their arses out from the back, having wheel spacers does this effect the car in any way. Also can you get colour coded mud flaps. Not the crappy ones that just flop down but the fixed ones.

·
Super Moderator
2,901 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well I found my boot leak, well one of them, but thats the major one, how the hell does it get their, it looks like it has been tried to seal before. Their is a few other in little places which I think I can remedy, hopefully. What are the little black holes at either side it came from their at one point then stopped. It also seems to gather at the bottom of the boot door at the seems. Bloody nightmare, I ended up breaking one side seals that join the felts to the plastic door card, drivers side. :mad: hope I can seal and remedy it, I thinks thats why the guy got rid, he knew the extent of the leaks. Bloody everwhere. Thing is it was wet either side of the compartments but only leaking one side.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm trying to make heads or tails where pricicelsy this leak is in your boot you got pics from a bit of distance away

I've done my roof seams and the around the rear light clusters

I could have swore that I some droplets of the inside of the spoiler the other day

I'm gonna do a full strip down on my next long weekend off work and seal every conceivable area possible !

4541 - 4560 of 4718 Posts