2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

4841 - 4860 of 4950 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
No bad mpg today.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Have you calculated it? My read out is about 3 or 4 mpg optimistic over the real figure. My 1.8 still hasn't fallen below an actual 39mpg however so can't complain too much!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you calculated it? My read out is about 3 or 4 mpg optimistic over the real figure. My 1.8 still hasn't fallen below an actual 39mpg however so can't complain too much!
I find this also. The car’s MPG is a fair bit higher than the calculated MPG. We average about 36 in our 1.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,614 Posts
My 9G 1.8 slush box regularly gives just over 50mpg but I don't do much town driving.

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
No I've not, tbh if that was 44mpg in real terms id be happy.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
@Hemingway1975 I got the prices for the chargers ...

Supersport £6921
Drive shaft £6480

This is fully fitted & mapped

Pretty big outlay I gotta think I'm nearing 120k and also I won't get back anywhere near this in value ,

Cost is nearly half the cost of an FK2, think il focus on sorting mine and get it running at its best with the mods I got NA

I did eyeball the Kraftwerks charger which was looks mint but again there are still questions around charger reliability although I was told quality control has improved

·
Registered
133 Posts
Somebody please help, the inner black trim on my exhaust chrome trim is flaking paint and i can see the silver underneath it, is this common?

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
461 Posts
@Hemingway1975 I got the prices for the chargers ...

Supersport £6921
Drive shaft £6480

This is fully fitted & mapped

Pretty big outlay I gotta think I'm nearing 120k and also I won't get back anywhere near this in value ,

Cost is nearly half the cost of an FK2, think il focus on sorting mine and get it running at its best with the mods I got NA

I did eyeball the Kraftwerks charger which was looks mint but again there are still questions around charger reliability although I was told quality control has improved
Is the prices for two different kits

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes mate
@Uk fn2 gt I'm not entirely sure my previous FN had an oem exhaust was rusty as anything lol, are you talking about the triangle tips
All pros and cons to why you should and shouldn’t, nobody does mods and hopes to get their money back, will always be at a loss, but that’s not why we do it. I get the feeling you are not going to be happy with the gains you will achieve with all the work you have put in and if the car had less miles you wouldn’t be thinking twice about it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think you might be right it definitely feels alot quicker than stock just need to get it right and ik probs enjoy it more

Yes with regards to milage , I still plan to keep it minimum of 2yrs before I plan on changing

I just think that level of money buys me a second car

·
Registered
527 Posts
If a charger is £7000 fitted and mapped might aswell go turbo for £8000 fitted. I'd love to turbo or supercharge mine, but wouldn't pay more than £2.5k for it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Get everything running right then that might make your mind up yeh or neh.
But a Turbo or supercharger it would be a beast…weekend car then cheap run around. It also depends what you have going on in your life really, if you have family the it’s a major lay out to what you can do with the family with that kind of money… oh to be 20 again and not to have to give a dam and money came and went😁

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Damn right I got available funds but as Diddles said at that price point it's to much for our cars I wouldn't want to spend that many notes on it , I don't have a garage and parked on street if it gets trashed that's that lol

I remember a member here from SA who was putting together kits for alot cheaper and sending them out to fit directly. Now that Tegiwa is developing a kit if it comes In to expensive they'll have no buyers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes mate
@Uk fn2 gt I'm not entirely sure my previous FN had an oem exhaust was rusty as anything lol, are you talking about the triangle tips
Hi mate i meant the inner trim after the chrome triangle trim, its black and had paint flaking which really bugged me. All sorted now i carefully masked and gavd it a lick of hammerite. 👍

·
Registered
461 Posts
So you possibly looking at a second car but selling yours in 2years. Why don’t you keep the money you have burning a hole in your pocket, keep yours and enjoy what you have done so far . Then in two years sell your car and have a sizeable deposit on a fk2, touch wood prices might drop slightly

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
@Uk fn2 gt mine r pitch black lol

Hemmingway your 100% right dude once I get it running right I'm leaving well alone.
I wouldn't get another manual so will probs look at something like a BMW 135i m sport with the ZF transmission

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, very nice cars. I’m not really into autos, not my thing. I like to feel the drive with a gear change from a gear stuck. If you anything like me, that money will be taunting me to spend it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That's why I'm better to hand the funds to my sister who's incredibly good with finances and will save n grow it for me

If it's left to me il spend the lot lol.

4841 - 4860 of 4950 Posts