2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2927 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Last week I put the head unit (only a single DIN JVC) from my old Focus in and removed the Honda CD player. This took a ridiculous length of time mainly trying to get the glove box out.

Most places where I read told you to remove the two screws and pull the box out - no luck. I found a manual for installing an amp which said remove the two screws and the bolt at the back! The bolt was half way up the back of the glove box.

That did the trick.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Two weeks ago I put rear parking sensor on. This didn't go as planned. I expected to be able to put the car up on a ramp, under the rear bumper locate the marks for positioning the sensors, mark them then drill.

In reality I put the car up on the ramp, looked under and discovered the back of the bumper was inaccessible. Thought about removing the rear bumper, discovered the screws were stripped so marked where I thought they should go and drilled.

Everything went well after that.

They are extremely useful due to the limited rear view.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Bought 12mmx3mmx1000mm aluminium bar, the other day for this.
I need to make some extenders to move it more forwards so the seat retractor is clear of the setup.
Might paint the bar black later as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Cleaned wheels with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner, tyres dressed with meguires endurance tyre gel. Went a drive to Helensburgh, there and back I averaged 50.2 mpg - which is quite good I think :)

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Someone's been watching mighty car mods. Great show..chopped!
I had planned to do it for a while, the thing that really made me want to do it was when my cars oil filter started to leak and my car started to smoke cause of it
We all know what happens to oil when it drips on to something hot.

I just needed to find the best way to install a fire extinguisher.

Plus looks sweet having it in their.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
fitted eibach 30mm lowering springs and wheel spacers 22mm on the back 17mm on the front well chuffed car looks loads better

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Gave it a good clean :)

Polished the rear lenses, as they were scratched and it was annoying me...

They need another go, but they're ok for now :)

Then I finished flyeyesing the front grille...it'll do until I can afford a proper black one ;)

I also taxed it!!! First drive to work in it tomorrow...can't wait :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fitted a Dash Cam and hard wired it into the vehicle.
Mounted camera behind the rear view mirror but, if it rains or you use the windscreen washers, that part of the screen doesn't get wiped.
Right in the V of the wiper blades.
Where have others mounted theirs to avoid this ?
Suggestions please........Cheers

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Had a long day at work without a lunch break, no chance of an early finish either. Clocking off I set to washing the car, then jet washing the patio. Dinner, tidy up and just about to shower/chill when MrsF's former work colleague calls about his Civic...

It's suddenly acquired a tin like rattle that gets worse over 50mph.

Can I take a look sometime?

Sure, we reply.

Now?

Really! Tsk...okay fine.

It's getting dark and he's not long had the brakes and a tyre replaced.

Up with the front, onto axle stands and the wheels spin freely. The stone guards aren't rubbing.

Then I stick my Barnet under the front and a-ha, the alloy undertray panel is hanging off at the front. Pretty worn too, it had been rubbing the tarmac at speed.

One front bolt was spinning with little/no tray near it anyway. The other side was missing a bolt but had a fixing hole in the tray.

The captive bolt/clip had to come out as it was too rusty to get a bolt in. I had to re tap the darn thing in the end.

All sorted before sunset, just.

That's a steak dinner for two earned

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Mounted camera behind the rear view mirror but, if it rains or you use the windscreen washers, that part of the screen doesn't get wiped.
I had this issue also, the giant thing behind the mirror also blocks a lot of the footage. I ended up putting it, as you said, in the V of the blades.. to combat the un-wiped water I applied RainX to the area and made sure to wipe any droplets off before heading out.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts

Mine is mirror mounted, on the driver's side of the mirror itself, which is just in the cleared section.

You could try mounting it at the top near the passenger a pillar?

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Out of garage, washed (well dusted really) and vacuumed, back in garage getting dusty.

...and did the washer fluid cap cable tie ploy to avoid losing it.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Fitted a Sumo vinyl mesh panel. Thanks Ian.

Very pleased with the results.
Thinking of doing just the back perspex window with spi-vision.
I can save money by buying a 30x106cm piece and splicing both ends. Has anyone had success in splicing spi-vision?

(I'm former flooring fitter, so I'm pretty sure I make a nice joint)

back.jpg
side.jpg

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Ordered the following tyres from 4x4tyres.co.uk:

Product(s) 225/45/17 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120 94Y

Quantity 4

Price £54.70 (INC VAT)

Total £223.80

Looking forward to getting them fitted

Neil

·
Registered
436 Posts
Washed the car at 7 this morning. Car was dry yday and covered in dust (and ****ing bird ****-badstarts), this morning it was damp - so a quick couple of watering cans over it took off the dust, then washed in autoglym car shampoo and conditioner. Even dried it off :)

141 - 160 of 2927 Posts