"What did you do to your car today?"
Removed the wheels.
Wheel arches and wheels cleaned with APC
Wheels Sprayed with AutoSmart Tardis tar remover
Wiped down
Waxed with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
Tyres dressed with Megs UE Tyre Dressing

#6,609 ·
If you want a cheaper alternative to the skunk 2 the d1 spec knob is pretty good, it's weighted and only very slightly lighter than the skunk 2, I had it before I brought the skunk 2 and it's pretty much the same.

#6,613 ·
Replaced the boot gas struts with some Mercedes ML ones off eBay. Soooo much better now. I’d replaced them once already, a few years ago with a set from SGS. They were pretty crap to be fair. Should’ve gone with the 510nm ones back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought regular Civic grade ones (branded and not a random cheap part) but I've found the rising action faded after a week or so to something that's "ok".

Do the ML ones fly up?

#6,622 ·
Betty politely went bong and went service me slaphead this morning.....yaay just what you want on pay day huh.....oh and i have to self isolate for 7 days after my mate i was around at last night has tested positive, and because i work in the manufacturing location of said test kits im not allowed onsite for 7 days even if every lateral flow test come sback as negative every 12 hours until monday now....yaay

• Haha
Reactions: Xev
#6,625 ·
Im not the Messiah I'm a very naughty boy!

Oh lol same ere mate except left it batt charging for an hour or two n cleaned engine bay too, been sittin all week n will be next week so top up while at my dad's, stole his connection

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Plant

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

That's Bertha a 97 plate brooklands my dad's pride n joy

#6,629 ·
I find I use the wee yellow rainx for glass but their pink or blue screenwash in addition blue is premix but can't find it big Halfords used to sell it so moved to the pink concentrate and I dilute in a coke bottle lol 1.5l

I've got their interior mistx too black bottle but it's a pain to apply.

The plastic one I found was gash didn't whet any cloth or pad.

Their glass cleaner is decent for top ups of proper rainx

I use the wee yellow bottle inside my doors too keeps them cleaner for longer

#6,633 ·
Fitted the backbox this evening, bought a stainless one ages ago finally fitted. Sounds lovely.

Did it at a mates using his pit made it easy work, left the car there in his shed as still need to do the knock sensor.... Going to try from the bottom but fear I may need a Skinner arm than is available!

Also lanoshield'd the rear suspension beam as he had half a bottle left over from his jeep!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

#6,634 ·
Sadly all I did today was look outside and see how shiny n clean she still is lol.
Self isolating waaah all tests negative at least, but expected to work remotely lol ffs!

Also had confirmed today I'm working a double shift on my 50th....great cheers corp! Spoke to my beyatches and 2 of my European engineers gonna pick that day up on my project for me.

They good lads they know I cover any of their last minute leave days when asked.

#6,642 ·
I’m still looking for a second hand rear beam, everybody want around £150, I can shot blast it at work my self and get a lad to powder coat it at work, so free. Just getting one at right price. Got to check my sills this year, arches are pristine but know theirs a little rusting on the sills. What was the paint you recommended @Diddles1987, think you said it was marine grade and silver?

#6,644 ·
Damn brakes giving me $hit...

Thought rears were binding slightly so I removed the shims so they slide better. As before the inner pad would stick to the shim.

There is still the sound of discs brushing against something slightly so I'll have to check the fronts now too... Also developed a slight rattle, maybe the inside pad fell out the bracket so will need to check that too :confused: