2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What did you do to your car today?" thread

845K views 9K replies 547 participants last post by  Hemingway1975 
I hand washed my 2016 Compo white GT Type-R for the first time :) its mine now, picked it up Tuesday morning. Loving it.

ready for my autoglym regime to get a good base layer of wax and caranuba before end of summer. ;)

i gave my black panels and rear a good going over to get to get back to pure white, (i think the engines running rich, its going in for a service next week) after an autoglym total wash, carbon speckles especially were tackled on rear panels.

Panels sprayed with Magma and left for 10 minutes. worked with mitt and water lube to rinse off excess and iron deposits on panels all round the car. Cant praise that stuff enough.

Poor boys diamond white on the rear quarters and diamond black on the black panels all round.

This weekend is autoglym red then gold all over post wash, as i had to be onsite today for some port changes. (gah!)
Then top coat of Carnauba Mguires wax to seal for the next few weeks.

ill get before and afters up next post on next session :)

Washed and applied 3 layer polish regime.

Poorboys white and poorboys diamond black
Buff off both
Augutoglym red all over
Buff off
Autoglym gold high gloss all over
Buff off

Stood back to admire the mirror finish.....

And heavens opened....so heres some beading shots lol

Looks great man just don't drive it now all that road dirt will undo your efforts lol
Lol i know i need to nip into the nearest city. Promised id watch the football at a mates itll be filthy by kick off lol arg at least i got the high gloss seal done been needing it. Last owner didnt know what polish was. Still need to clay bar and revive tbe roof to same glass feel n touch, ive done the rest.

Even polished the rims today too doh!

Very nice, the Autoglym gold is brilliant stuff it stops any dirt from sticking to the paintwork, I recently applied it to my fn2.
Ive used it for years as top coat right back to my polar white 91 corolla gti-16 (AE-92)

Always come back to autoglym tbh but liking the 2 poorboys stuff as bottom glaze.

Used to use the dark polish on my rising blue scirocco really makes metallics pop then apply gold and buff to glass finish.

Think i might have solved the crap gatheringv in the door inlays :) autoglym then i rainx d and buffed off overnight rain and a 40 mile trip no spots or dirt in the rear door inlays.

Amazing what claybar then poorboys then autoglym red with gold top seal can achive with microfibre and sweat :)

That's.....that's actually incredible :eek:
That's all the proof I need, will go straight online and order a bottle of rainx.
Your fk2 looks immaculate mate, real eye candy 😍
couple of scratches tbh and a touch up area, the polish hides it well.

i swear by Rainx on the windows and headlamps tbh.

It needs another seal, might to caranuaba wax this week. leaving the pipes "dirty" prefer not see the chrome monsters :p and no im not replacing exhaust to get black tipped before anyone suggests. :D

dont know if you can seen the touched up scratch, horizontal mark behind the dark shadow vertical near front of wing.

theres another light surface scratch on rear passenger door just under the top fold midway along (supermarket swish i suspect), the polish hides that one.

The rims are going to get done later this year, as some of the lacquer has started to peel so might get all 4 done back to metal and restored, ceramic high gloss black back to stock. Been looking at alternative rims for a swapover/winter use but found some lovely candy red 5 spokers hahaha no im 49.

Trying to keep it looking as stock as possible (ok pipercross panel was already in it)

This poor car had not seen polish i fear, like ever i suspect surface was like sandpaper when i started 2 months ago.

going to speak to my mechanic and get an engine flush and treatment with slick 50 or moly tech or similar, see what he recommends. Also going to get fuel mixture checked suspect honda garage set it as standard air filter ratio, when its not :) hoping it will reduce the carbon speckles on rear (i know im kidding myself) nut worth a check. not 100% till my guy gives it a once over fully.

Reactions: Rover3
Ive binned vpower totally, esso super 99 or bp ultimate only from now on engine feels smooth more responsive on pedal press and extra 5 to 7 mpg on motorway hit 45.7mpg friday on a 400 motorway cruise to Derby. Ive swore by shell fuel for 33yr, not anymore tbh.

Very boring but I gave the Si a good polish with AG super resin polish, came up lovely.
Will get coat of AG rapid ceramic on it next.
Mate AG recomend against further polishing if you use their ceramic product top seal.
I went AG gold high gloss top seal instead of ceramic, i aint done whacking those layers on yet :)

Don't want to say, but told you so.
That you did, always felt better in the rocco. But didnt see a big mpg jump, then again it didnt have cruise control.

The diff in the civic is astounding tbh mate, im not going back to shell.

LMAO at the gauntlets needed them earlier to nip for fuel in betty. Heading up north again tomms, going to resist the urge to rocket over the m74 hills and see what a full trip can muster this time.

Considering its set to 70 to 75 seeing 45.7 is impressive!

i washe....oh wait no not today :D

um I drove it to and from old work location carefully while admiring the white lines i was creating on the carriageway with shiny Betty?

oh and also realised, yep after 6k miles i wuv my Betty :) and sure the brake work cost me a kidney but worth it.

drove it like i stole it on back A roads home from being onsite today. (without leaving my side or limit) :)

5 miles in i was grinning again :D thanks betty! hate the 1 day a week im expected onsite, bah!