2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 372 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Picked up my little baby after some nasty man had reversed his Ford Ranger tow hitch into the rear bumper.
Damage was nearly £900 but he was kind enough to pay direct so cost me nothing.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Put a gel badge kit on the FN2, from ebay £18.
Front, rear, steering wheel & start button
Looks good with red H on black background (Big red R on the starter)

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
How much was your refurb if you don't mind me asking? And how long were you without a car?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Refurb was £95 per wheel - that is complete strip, repair & powder coat in original colour.
Car went in Tuesday am came back Friday pm.
Done through these guys, one of them has an EP3 so understand Type R Eastbourne Tyres

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Thanks! Pretty expensive but worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well worth it, really look & feel like new wheels. Cannot tell which one had the kerb graunch repaired.
Put on new set of wheel nuts as well from Cox at bargain price.
I think they use Spit & Polish near Tunbridge Wells to actually do the job and I don't have a garage or four axle stands to put the car on so some of that is "storage" and their markup.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Just what you used to mount it to the front panel.
Das
I followed Bones126 instructions, so his post will do you.
The one to but is the FD one, sustec part number HD009.
I had to get mine from MaxAudio in Malaysia since nobody had stock in UK.
Just took 2 weeks and cost more due to shipping (still only just over £60), how UK supplier can do it for the same price as he sells the actual item for beats me.
https://www.maxaudio.com.my/bonnet-..._bonnet_damper-honda_civic_fd_2006_2010_hd009

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Any good?
So far so good, easy to set up unit once all connected. Picked up digital signals immediately on start up, 54 stations.
I listen to Classic FM going to work and it drops out in exactly the same places that the FM signal goes queer - so not the fault of this unit.
Sound is crystal clear using Aux lead supplied.
Bought the cheaper DAB250 since I already have HFT that the Nextbase DAB350 has.

Took a couple of hours to fit but then I have hidden most of the wiring under the edge of the arm rest console and under the glove box which took time to sort out.
Problem to attach to dash but that was my fault for not cleaning it well enough - the 3M pads worked fine after that.

BTW I have positioned it on passenger side between the glove box and the cubby hole above the gear lever - you might have less room if yours is not a CTR due to longer gear lever throw?

1 - 20 of 372 Posts