2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What did you do to your car today?" thread

845K views 9K replies 547 participants last post by  Hemingway1975 
Oil, Filter and Spark plugs changed. New Horn fitted and old "Noddy" horns removed and thrown in the bin. Bumper refitted correctly, downside is Ive found there is very little holding my grill in, lower clip part is completely awol, and its just the clips on the slam panel holding it in.

spent 2 hours trying out my new autoglym ultra hd wax and well pleased:wink3:
[img]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=283610&stc=1&d=1525513962[/img]

[img]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=283618&stc=1&d=1525513962[/img]
Looks good fella. The new UHD wax has gone outwith my price point tbh. Once my HD wax is finished ill just use the Meg #16 I have or try some Collinite for a change.

My CTR has the legendary roof rust too but the main dealer in Stirling just won't entertain even looking at my service book to see if its had a service every year far less progress it to HUK.
Considered trying a different Dealer? Im sure Ive seen posts on here where people have gone straight to HUK themselves over this. May be wrong.

Other than sorting out my badly scratched instrument display screen I added a I-Vtec Badge to the boot. For some reason in the past manufacturers seemed to be embarrassed about their petrol power cars and whilst they loved to proclaim the car was a diesel, petrol always seemed like an embarrassment to them. Ive rectified that.

Attachments

Broke 2 locking wheel nut taking the tires of to test the torque on the wheel spacers.... Thankfully 3 all seem to be spot on still so the 4th (with 95% of the locking wheel nut on) I have my fingers crossed for.....

Edit: I also replaced the brake switch. Fingers crossed no more Christmas dashboard!!

Which wheel spacers did you buy? The back definitely needs them on mine. Any pictures of them fitted on yours?

Unless you have type r wheel arches I think 20mm is enough. Anything more and it would look disproportionate. If anything I wish I had gone for 17mm on the front but I was worried about rubbing.

Edit: Adding pic for @Das
Cheers for that, looks far far batter. Decent price for both as well.

Super GT Hubcentric Wheel Spacers Fitted Thanks to @Vj4sothername for the advice and recommendation. Looks far better, in fact it even makes the wheels actually look bigger because they arent lost in the arches now.

Attachments

Changed the Gearbox oil. Had arranged with my next door neighbour to do it at his garage on saturday, but when the MTF3 arrived I couldn't believe how thin it is. Yea im old, gearbox oil used to be like treacle last time I did a clutch on a box, guess its moved on abit these days. So anyway just cut the end off antifreeze bottle and drilled a small hole and used the hose from my eazibleed kit and changed it. Took longer to get that sump tray on and off though, darned Honda and their fascination with plastic clips.
As the weather was warm but cloudy I washed the car, Polished with SRP, waxed with HD wax, and dressed the tyres with Auto Finesse Satin Tyre Creme. First time using this as have been a Meguiars Endurance man for years. A lot less greasy than Endurance, but applied just as well and as easy. Wont know how good it is till its washed or rained on I suppose, but at only £9 a bottle its much cheaper than Endurance.
Im nearly out of SRP so I decided to take a punt and have ordered Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish(and some Auto Wash too). BTW Bilt Hamber products are much cheaper directly from them, i've always bought Via ebay but for some reason checked their website for a change and was very surprised.

www.bilthamber.com

you should find the BiltHamber stuff very good if it's like any of thier other products...
Well I already use their Auto Foam at the moment and have used their Auto Wash in the past, the slickness of the wash pad on the paintwork is unbelievable considering how little product you need to use. Once my HD wax is finished I will definitely be trying either Auto Balm or Finis Wax, but im also keen to try a few of their other products too. Was very surprised buying direct from them, even including the P&P it was still cheaper than buying through ebay.

Not what i've done, so to speak, but a week after the gearbox oil change and a little over 200 miles its transformed my gear box, gear change wise. Notchy 2nd gear has completely disappeared, in fact its that un-noticeable that im now actually having to pay attention when putting it in 2nd as I barely notice it going in. Very happy. I still have 1.2 lt left so may even change it again just for the heck of it, and I have the 0.1mm shims for the AC fix so need to drop the under belly again anyway.