2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What did you do to your car today?" thread

845K views 9K replies 547 participants last post by  Hemingway1975 
AHH I forgot to say. I went Morrisons for 99ron was £75 on the full tank 49.5l a tenner more. Fine :) she's worth it
I get the Mrs to fill mine up now and tell her not to tell me how much it costs [emoji28]..... you're 100% right tho .... its worth it... 3rd year of ownership and still puts a big smile on my face every time I get into it [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Get ready for some silly waving Parman [emoji106][emoji1787] I expect the same in return lol nipping out seeing as rains stopped [emoji14]

Only thing I'm pissed at they've stack a non 4d play in the mount with white bolts near top edges like ffs guys!

Need to pop over n see Tanya for a new set so they match now! Agh at least it ain't a honda paddle plate!
[emoji1787][emoji1787] Will deffo get a wave if I see you on the road... always good seeing another minted FK2 on the road.. I've stacked up a few thousand miles in the last few months traveling back n forth to England (company car) and always look out for one ... they are out there but the only one I've seen lately was a white one in Birmingham.... couldn't believe the state it was in.... absolute horror show. Was in dire need of a full paint job and wheel refurb.

@Parman192 I believe the guys down in orchard bank do machine polishing, always fancied getting Betty done althou withy arm these days very tempted to bag the Poorboy's DA polisher but don't have the kahoonas to let myself loose lolbettys needing her Poorboy's reapplied n caranubs.
I do fancy a full paint correction but not until the wheels are refurbed... full wash.. today tho ... followed by a polish and wax... all products supplied by AMDetails in Elgin ... Good stuff.

guy went white as a sheet when i asked can you defer the repair work for a week please, i want honda UK to assess your approved work on a low run model still under Honda paint warr, then told him it was leaving with me today, i kept my cool as it wasnt the first two staffers who were arranging me picking it up as "completed" fault.
Great stance to take with them mate ... hope you get it resolved OKand fully satisfied when it's fixed ... absolute joke and shoddy on their part

awww the civic or the mrs mate? :D and yep WBAC tie their horses round back of the offices, did a quote for a laugh.

View attachment 325987

LMFAO they can suckle my hairy nutbag, id rather sell it to hems for same, cos im nice like that, quick £8k profit on the R eh would be up for minutes.
They having a laugh with that price. They have dropped a little but that's piss poor... my 15 plate current valuation on auto trader

Air and pollen filter change supplied by Cox. Followed by a good wash and shine just before the downpour.... Nice comparison for pollen filters... full honda service history and probs never been changed by the look of it .... 7 year old now and will never be back in a dealership for servicing again during my ownership.

Had to jemmy up a quick fix to no heat in cabin today, had to top up coolant with clean boiled water till service (gotta love our clean soft acidic water up here), taking 15mins to heat up in cabin. no blower going, oil temps were 20C above water temps and blowing cold air, bingo, 75cl did the trick.

i swear she knows i booked her in for a service this morning....getting a full fluids flush with service & MOT, also booked her in to a local valet place for an interior seat clean to get the drivers seat back to just red. Dam my obsession with wearing black jeans. Possible machine polish while its in, not sure yet they have agreed to use all my poorboys polish at least. (y) reduced ofc ;) they quoting me for full 4 rim refurb back to std also, but also with honda red satin flecked layer for insides of alloy behind the spokes if that makes sense.

There are 3 or 4 CW 9gs around here, so would make the car stand out and be a bit different, not sure yet.
Your description of your possible wheel refurb sounds awesome... be sure to show them off on here m8... I'm still waiting to get mine done when my wife doesn't drive it anymore ...I'm positive she still thinks kerbs are there as stopping aids.

Yeah, think I'm going to get them removed, just wish people would take care, I try to always park in an end space and away from the main part of car parks and still end up getting door banged. [emoji2359]
Some folk don't give a **** .... if there's limited spaces I always hunt down a space next to newish well kept car .. that way u have a chance that u won't be on the receiving end.

soz should have been more specific, the door rubbers along bottom of the rear doors themselves.

lemme go out and get a pic what i see on my rear doors.
View attachment 328652

My mates std 9g cdti has a firm strip along bottom of rear doors like wilmos said, looks like typer dont get them hence the mucky rear inlays.....dagnammit Honda seriously?
To save what 900grams a door lol, checking on cox site to see if they available.

ive emailed cox and asked if they are available from standard 5 door as a part, will keep ya posted bud, if not scrapyard time, might also try for the front seat bolt covers they omitted....they like unicorns farts in a vacuum though.

If any tourer or 5 door model owner could take a pick of the rear bottom of door shwoing the additional strip so i can show par the difference please? :)
I will have a look moro also .... my other car is a 9g EX GT

perfecto, ahhh i thought i saw you in one :) red too aint it?

dunno if i said this before, i got a spare perf air filter for the civvy going spare if u want it? pipercross one lying in my bits bucket in plastico, i got one fitted already it turned out lol welcome to it for either civic, should also fit the GT
The GT is silver..I'm a sucker for the civic. Previous to the GT was an 8g ishift. Owned that one for 9 years. Very kind of you about filter.. would gladly take it off your hands if u sure you don't want it as a future replacement... would happily pay you also.

cox has come back, while they are not listed as a part for the type-r, they have confirmed they have sold a few to FK2R owners but cannot confirm 100% they fit. They agreed all my holes on the door line up but cant officially say 100% close enough for me tbh, ordering them at weekend!

as always the query was answered with humour, Ian@Cox stated they probably didnt fit to save a few tenths of nurby laptime hahaha, i suggested thatll be why front seat bolts didnt get covers either, despite rear plastic covers... :D

£27 each

Confirmed as standard on my 9g also.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grille Bumper Automotive design