2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What did you do to your car today?" thread

845K views 9K replies 547 participants last post by  Hemingway1975 
That gearknob looks like a knock off from the OEM, like having a panel with the cogs was probably cheaper than stamping the plastic as per the original.

I wonder if it's as heavy as the original which literally felt like a cricket ball.
It's roughly the same weight as the original, I went for that as it looks similar to the old one for a fraction of the price. ;)

It's always middling German cars, like a diesel Merc or 4 cylinder BMW that are the d*ckheads on the road. It's partly why I went off the BMW brand years ago as they seem to command higher insurance premiums, likely due to all the f*sts driving them. Seems even worse now with the rise of PCP etc as anyone can drive one for a bit if they're willing to get on the finance bandwagon...
Those type of cars tend to hammer past me when I'm on duty as they know us highways patrols have no enforcement powers. The unmarked traffic police patrols tend to drive in front of us catching those who take the mick. ;)

Hunt to replace the mk8 is probably over, as the alternatives I wanted are all supermini sized cars.

Civic's boot swallowed a decent sized suitcase, pram and large soft bag without any issues at all for an airport run.

View attachment 319552
That's what I like about my Civic, I can get my patrol bag, ambulance bag, defibrillator and all my other bits and pieces in with ease. 👍

I don't think the mk8 Civic is too bad but some cars are known for having rotten subframes because of the undertray. There's still some in the middle of the car which I might lop off at some point.

Can't wait to see if my poor man's induction kit works later :whistle:
One of my previous cars had an under tray fitted, it held the moisture in and caused the sub frame to rot and snap.