2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,777 Posts
Nothing...which is really annoying. I have a freshly delivered front gp splitter ready to be fitted. Unfortunately had to sand my hallway/landing for preperation for painting, I have been putting off to long. Next weekend watch this space, that baby is going to be fitted.

·
2,777 Posts
@Negativvv that is one annoying problem I hate when things like that happen! I'd need an exact replacement, OCD kicking in

Nice one on splitter Hemingway, is that the complete gp.kit? I want the rear piece it's so damn expensive I'm broke this time of year lol
Just the front, so wanted the rear also but funds couldnt push that far, just so dam expensive. 4-6 months and I will look at getting it. I have to sort front shocks first as these require replacment as was pointed out as advisory on mot. Going to change all the shocks and I also have some eibach progressive springs which require fitting at same time. Had the bloody springs since I purchased car, that was last March. I was going to have a go my self but work has been so busy I dont get time.

·
2,777 Posts
Looked under my car and I need to start treating the rust before it gets any worse. Its just surface rust but I plan to keep it fresh. A going over with a wire brush on a drill, hydrate 80 and some black hammerite I think will do the trick.
View attachment 317245 View attachment 317246
You worried about that, dosent look that bad, you should see mine its 3x worse than that, I was really worried, this summer I will have a good fettle., be happy if mine was like that. Think mine must have been stuck in a puddle most off its life.

·
2,777 Posts
Paid a mechanic to fit the new (Sachs) front shocks, top mounts etc etc & drop links & ARB bushes on the FN2.
Feels better on the road, still hard/firm ride but much smoother over the bumps.

With the new rears (Sachs), just a refresh of 10 year old, 56k mile components makes it feel better than it did.
All in parts and labour, £730 well spent.

Now got to decide whether to do the same for the 1.8
X2, since I did mine last week, plus springs, minus arb bushs(soon to be done) its feels smooth, less harsh of a ride with the new springs, rides feels whole lot better, maybe its a little placebo effect for me, but overall its hell of a better ride.👍

·
2,777 Posts
Yeh, got it when it was on offer around christmas time from cox. To be fair think its still same price,wasnt reduced by much. Dont know if I liked the rear, so just went with the front. Think its money well spent, transforms the front and sets it apart a little from the civics in the area. All I need now is new front badge and it will look nice and fresh.

·
2,777 Posts
just a bit, mine were looking sorry and had only done 15k miles since I put new ones in last week.
For £20 a pair from honda, its a cheap replacment and not very taxing to carry out yourselve and sures the front end up a little. Couldnt believe how easy it is to carry out and I know jack about cars. I have just learnt how to carry out the repair from researching the forum. Recommend this to be carried out by anybody if these havnt been change for a good few miles get them done, you be happy after..👍👍

·
2,777 Posts
New disc and pads all around, pagid discs all around, pagid disc rears, ferodo 2500 fronts. See how they are, I have a smell of burning oil every so often in the car. Think I have a drop of oil every so often on to the exhaust. Its definatly leaking from the rear of the engine. Got the mech to look today. Its going in next week for them to look over and try and spot it. Its not dropping any oil, I check every 2days to keep a eye on it. So far it hasnt dropped.

·
2,777 Posts
Never imagined the interior would look this good on my recent type r purchase. Borrowed a bissel wet cleaner off someone. Was really satisfying and interior came up amazing, it was rank before...

View attachment 317630

View attachment 317631

View attachment 317628
View attachment 317629
Look good them mate. When I first purchashed mine it looked perfect. Had it 14 months and the drivers seat is starting to look like yours slowly and everywhere else is still perfect. Its the seats, they catch moisture/sweat from the legs and the dry like salt marks.

·
2,777 Posts
Tegiwa spacers fitted, looks so different. Then discovered my exhaust bracket had come away again 😡. Was tack welded around 12months ago. I havent heard no knocking so mighy leave it for now. Get back box frabricated or just a full cat back later in the year. Exhaust in good condition really, just the bracket broken.

·
2,777 Posts
It takes some getting used to seeing the tyres sticking their arses out from the back, having wheel spacers does this effect the car in any way. Also can you get colour coded mud flaps. Not the crappy ones that just flop down but the fixed ones.

1 - 20 of 478 Posts