2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
375 Posts
Took it to Honda for it's 12+ service, valve check, air filter, pollen filter and gearbox oil. Thats me sorted out for another 12,500 miles!

I actually looked at mine today 26.6 mpg. I’m washing mine at the weekend, want to test the bilt hammer double speedy wax out. If I get the weekend off work.
I use that, it's very good stuff. The only thing i'd say is use less than you think. It's incredibly stubborn if you accidently put too much on.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Finally stopped procrastinating and (with encouragement from Pitlane) put my plate on the car, like I should have done back in the summer but didn't.
Which means, finally, both our cars have thier matching plates on. Should look nice parked up side by side at shows etc :)

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've found my self congratulating my FN2 and thanking it for another fault free milestone every time it ticks over 1k on the Odometer. I suspect i'm also the only person who says "thank you" out loud to my car when it gives me the "you forgot to take the key out" or "your lights are on" bongs :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Drove betty like i stole it yesterday where safe and quiet...:eek:

man it felt good (and expensive) seeing the amber then red change lights through the gears, even got her airborne for a millisecond or 2 by a couple of mm, forgot about an old railway bridge with a bit of a hump, felt it bite as fronts retouched hot tarmac lol :p that got the adrenaline going for sure :)
It's days like those we put up with the stiff ride and average MPG for. Nothing beats a Type R on the twisty stuff for exhilaration.

I dropped mine in at DynoDaze yesterday. Finally met Danny, and now I just wait for the call to say its done. He said he might do a video on it too, which had I thought it would happen, would mean I'd have washed the car before taking it to him. So apologies for the state of it if he does feature the brake refurbishment as a video.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mate, I'd be going nuts in your shoes. I'm patient and understanding, but this is taking the absolute mick. As you say, it's not like they didn't know what colour it was! It's unforgivable that they keep messing you about like this, I hope you kick thier arses! Who knew it was so damn hard to paint a bit of a white car?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Went to Dynodaze's "Honda Day" meet at thier premises with @Pitlane_badger . Some very cool stuff and equally cool people. Local YouTuber by the name of "Daz R" was in attendance with his own FN2 and his camera, so I'm sure footage will be about fairly soon for anyone interested (mostly FN2 and Accord 2.4). I was hoping to catch @Matty_Daz666 there, but i guess you were working!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Been a while. Not something ive done recently, But i picked this up in june...
View attachment 325968

View attachment 325969

Hope you're all well.

Regards, Olly
That looks like a whole load of fun! I'd be interested in a longer post or even it's own thread about it. Looks like it's got a lot of less common mods on it (the roof fins and extended arches for a start!).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Px'd the Si 1.8 for a Jazz 1.5 Sport.
Now the wife is happy.
Surprising car, not much difference in internal space or performance vs the 1.8.
Tax is £60+ cheaper and should do more MPG.
Hope it does you and your charming wife (whom it was very nice to meet, I wasn't expecting that when we rolled up to Simply Jap) well Mate. I found the one I drove as a lone car to be quite nice. I guess the only downside is now you have to alter your Signature on the forum!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok what you guys reckon on Bridgestone potenza RE070 these look like slicks probably not good in wet

But bigger sidewall should provide more comfort n less likely to be kerbed

View attachment 326431

View attachment 326432
We used to fit these or Yokohama AO48's to the Lotus Exige when a customer was going to take it on a track day. Good tyres, but certainly not for the wet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts