2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Removed old exhaust system that was in the FN2, installed SRS60.
Installed RRC.

Tomorrow, bolt hunting to install the FD2 throttle body. 馃榿馃榿

Attachments

Registered
FD2 throttle body, hoses connected, waiting on the delete kit for the map sensor, and the air assistant valve.
Also fabricated a temporarily under shield with a 2mm aluminum sheet.

Picked up the tyres/wheels for the car too.
With some luck, next week its done and ready to run.

Attachments

Registered
Did some road mapping with flashpro, surprised I wasn't too off from the base map.
Topped the radiator fluid and checked everything else, small vibration on the passenger front wheel when driving and braking especially makes me think I need new discs possibly..
Rectangle Textile Font Pattern Symmetry

Registered
What do you use for mapping bud what site
I use flashpro, and doing it myself, no site.
My basemap is a Map calibration, started with using gruppem ignition tables and cam angle slightly changed, fuel tables, I converted my ep3 number since the cars share basically the same mods.
3h of driving around, backroads and some highway, road map is done, need to go to a dyno one to fine tune it.
Once I get dyno paper I will post, but expecting around 240hp.

Registered
Mines is mapped dyno says 226bhp with only the tegiwa airbox and miltek non res exhaust vtec is 3500bhp bit low in my opinion
Id love the tegiwa airbox, but does not fit since I have a LHD, tegiwa failed to tell me this on the webpage and i had it returned sadly, I may go with a custom airbox or just get a GruppeM too.
My vtec point is set at 5000rpm/5800rpm.

I have SRI + RRC + FD2 TB + Tegiwa Header + SRS 2.5 Catback.
The EP3 has a similar setup and it got 246hp - 251nm.

Registered
Mine is set at 4k and revs to 9k, I find the 4k just right for road use.
I think 4000rpm is fine too, just needs to be mapped correctly, I personally like to set it at 5k rpm, less chance to hit vtec accidentally while driving around, also found 90% times, the car makes better hp/torque in low cam at that rpm range than in vtec, plus better economy.
But everyone has different setups and preferences, in the end, its what you like more that wins haha.

Registered
So a friend came by, with a Gruppe M intake, the bonnet scoop hits the RRC intake, and TB, well, that is another intake out the plans, its time to go custom or just stick a CAI to it.
Has anyone had this issue before?

Registered
Did you use shims?

My brakes currently have them but I think they are stupid....

I've got a full set of TRW discs and pads to fit. What DS did you use? Performance or DS2500?
Yeah I do use them, they come with the kit, they help get ride of most vibrations and noise when braking. In a normal pad I think they are almost useless, but when using ds2500/3000 they help reduce the squeeling. (Personal experience at least)

I went with DS performance all around, good price, and more than enough for my daily driving, This car isn't for track or road racing, even with the mods.

Next month, dyno time ^^

Registered
Where did you get Ferodo DS Performance pads (some places call them R90) for the Civic? As they're the ones that are below the DS2500 but above OEM right? Didn't think they made them for the Civic, all I could find were either OEM grade, DS2500 or various EBC pads. Loads of choice for the FN2 but the regular Civics seem to get overlooked.
I got them from akr-performance, part number:
FDS1862
FDS1444
They are close by and deliver withing a day when they have it in stock.

I know the formula is different, but normal driving, they brake as good as the ds2500, it's only when you start pushing it and get them hot you see the ds2500 doing a fair bit better job than the ds performance.
Ebc are nice too, but I personally dont use them on my road cars.

Registered
Weird FDS1444 which are front Ferodo DS Performance say they fit the S2000 and FN2, some places say they fit other Civics.

I'm not inclined to believe they fit all Civics unless the FN2 had bigger callipers but no bigger pads?

All the searches I've done for upgraded regular Civic pads suggest it's only really DS2500 or track pads, or various EBC things which I'm not inclined to trust...

EP3 / Fn2 / S2000 shares the same pad and front caliper type., as some other civics in USa, etc...\Just widen your search a bit more, you sure to find them, sadly not many places have them because people usually go with oem equivalent or ds2500, the middle child gets ignored or forgotten to a lot people X)

Registered
Very similar to the first one I made
View attachment 323280
I used a Revotec fitting, an aluminium T connector, a silicone reducer and hose to connect both the engine breathers to the intake
View attachment 323281

View attachment 323282
Be careful of the coolant hose rubbing on the intake as it gets very hot. I added a aluminium hose connector to the coolant hose to enable it to be turned away from the intake
View attachment 323283
Don't use silicone coolant hoses, they shrink under the clips when hot and are forever leaking
Yours looks great! Thanks for the tips, I had to use a slightly different setup, because of the rrc+tb, the coolant hose is bothering me a bit, I'm going to wrap some termal wrap around it for now, it will creat about 1cm layer between the two for now.
Or maybe I can find a different coolant hose?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts