2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The "What did you do to your car today?" thread

845K views 9K replies 547 participants last post by  Hemingway1975 
An SOD module arrived in the post this morning. The drivers side folding mirror was completely FTF whereas the passenger side at least attempts to fold. I decided I'd do the drivers side first in case there was a bigger issue, but it now works fine so I've ordered a second module for the passengers side which should be here mid-week so both ears should be wagging soon.

Busy day for the postie, arriving today were bulbs for the interior dome light, front sidelights, and the SOD module for the NS mirror. The interior is much more brightly lit, both mirrors now fold, and now the sidelights match the xenons the front has a cool white-light look all the way across. New front and rear "H" badges arrived yesterday but I'll wait for a nice day to get into swapping those as there will be some sticky goop to remove thoroughly.

Fitted the forum favourite Mercedes boot struts this afternoon and now the tailgate will lift itself, definitely harder to shut though, but better than worrying it'll start shutting itself when I want it to stay open.

Replaced the exterior temp sensor, went in through the top by removing the plastic over the slam panel and had an awkward rummage between the grill and the radiator. Took two hours to "encourage" the plug off the original, but that was rusted to the tab so I wound up duct taping the new one to the old one. Also replaced the old "H" badge with a shiny new one and added a Type R badge to the front grill, which makes a surprising difference to the look.

Attachments