2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

5141 - 5160 of 5218 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Nice one, this thread is still going strong after all these years. Nearly a decade :rolleyes:

I reckon good few more years left 😂

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm spending money on this and that and yet I don't have a working AC systems , I need to sort my priorities

Oh and I have different wheel nuts lengths to, these need sorting to lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thought I'd go out for a drive and see how the torque app is a recording 0-60 times, not sure how accurate it is but this is a GPS 0-60, not to bad. Bang on what honda quote I think.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hand washed my 2016 Compo white GT Type-R for the first time :) its mine now, picked it up Tuesday morning. Loving it.

ready for my autoglym regime to get a good base layer of wax and caranuba before end of summer. ;)

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,461 Posts

Don’t like washing in this strange sunny weather but attracted a lot of attention from the locals when I had a week away. A lot of attention. It was like they used me as practice for their own D-Day target preparation. Even a jet wash on way home (no brush used) didn’t remove it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts

Don’t like washing in this strange sunny weather but attracted a lot of attention from the locals when I had a week away. A lot of attention. It was like they used me as practice for their own D-Day target preparation. Even a jet wash on way home (no brush used) didn’t remove it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best wash it off ASAP! You don't want it burning through the laquer.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
773 Posts
Stripped all the suspension off, you know when garages say they have checked suspension etc, yeah really. Removed both fronts and the arrows on top mounts not in correct orientation, these have been removed and refitted correctly with arrows in correct position.
Removed rear springs to swap around to see if the rear drivers side is knackered. Idiot here put the springs together to see if they looked the same and forgot which one was removed from which side, couldn’t believe it, what a idiot🤬. Been put back on and will leave over the weekend and see how they settle.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Found out my aircon isn't working....the sat nav dvd isn't reading and for some reason the rear drivers side is sitting much lower than the other side. Was all fine when I parked up yesterday :( The fuse is fine in the aircon and it's only recently been recharged. Guess it's the relay (again) or the clutch shim space as it's not engaging. Might be time for the double din. No idea on the rear, the spring isn't broken and the shocks are only a year old.

·
Super Moderator
3,360 Posts
Stripped all the suspension off, you know when garages say they have checked suspension etc, yeah really. Removed both fronts and the arrows on top mounts not in correct orientation, these have been removed and refitted correctly with arrows in correct position.
when I got mobile guy to do mine I showed him how it should go together before he took it away, he was alright about it as i explained how it can be c0cked up by even the best.

·
Registered
773 Posts
@Hemingway1975 have you tried squirting WD40 down the top mount at all? I had a creaking a couple of months back and that solved the issue for me, has not returned.
I actually soaked the rear upper and lower rubber mountings with a k release which is on a par if not better than wd40, it’s excellent stuff. They looked very weathered so soaked them in the stuff to give them a little life again. I didn’t give the top rubbers on the rear shocks though , think I will tomorrow, cheers for the heads up👍

·
Registered
773 Posts
when I got mobile guy to do mine I showed him how it should go together before he took it away, he was alright about it as i explained how it can be c0cked up by even the best.
Well I was told they had been removed and checked, obviously not. I just wondering if I have damage the top mounts not having them the correct way?

5141 - 5160 of 5218 Posts