2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

5181 - 5200 of 5218 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's the deal on cleaning products these days? I understand the game has moved on since polishing and waxing?

As they sell all sorts of things like ceramic coating and other hybrid coating that promises to last far longer than other conventional waxes.
Although
What's the deal on cleaning products these days? I understand the game has moved on since polishing and waxing?

As they sell all sorts of things like ceramic coating and other hybrid coating that promises to last far longer than other conventional waxes.
I stick to the old school Autoglym products.
Another wash/dry just now, twice a week in this warm weather, do not like a dusty car, Autoglym sealant is brilliant stuff👌wiper arms got a coating aswell.
👍

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Air con regassed it passed a compression test and leak test also done although was advised that if there is a minute leak across the system it could go down in time

Fingers crossed it holds !!

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
773 Posts
LEDs fitted interior and new water feed pipe for the window wash. Found why scuttle panel did just fit, removed it and behold, Honda had just slapped it back on and damage the clips, cheers👍 Had to bend them back so the fitment was better

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Took car for AC inspection today as it not working, good news is compressor and relay working

Bad news is I have a leak on the lower portion of AC pipe circled below. My mechanic has advised against buying used lings list this for £160 not in stock , I'm told honda want around£200 mark all for just a metal pipe!!!

I may on advice also replace the condenser whilst I get this sorted to avoid headache later on as mine is tatty

·
Registered
773 Posts
Took car for AC inspection today as it not working, good news is compressor and relay working

Bad news is I have a leak on the lower portion of AC pipe circled below. My mechanic has advised against buying used lings list this for £160 not in stock , I'm told honda want around£200 mark all for just a metal pipe!!!

I may on advice also replace the condenser whilst I get this sorted to avoid headache later on as mine is tatty

View attachment 318802
View attachment 318803
Cant you make it up your self out of pipe with some pipe benders, just replicate it, guess pipe will be st/st, aluminium and get the compression fittings, I’d search the web because I think their is companies out their that will replicate pipes for you with the correct compression fittings attached

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cant you make it up your self out of pipe with some pipe benders, just replicate it, guess pipe will be st/st, aluminium and get the compression fittings, I’d search the web because I think their is companies out their that will replicate pipes for you with the correct compression fittings attached
Looks like there’s a couple of sensor or valve locations along the length of the pipe. I’ve used second hand parts like this on my old Clio. No issues at all, as long as they’re in good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
From what I have been reading it’s just thin walled aluminium pipe. That stuff is so malleable you could use your 🙌, as for the sensors, it be that trick that you can’t buy them separately only as on piece, that’s how they get you buy the balls. I’d look on web to see if like I posted you can get it fabricated. Looks like 17 is a isolation valve and 18 a possible bleed?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ahh wicked cheers il drop them an email I imagine to fabricate they'd want the existing pipe which is still on my car lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Also, you can buy connectors for a/c pipe work. So if you’ve got a hole/leak, you can cut it and repair it with a connector. Worked for me.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Also, you can buy connectors for a/c pipe work. So if you’ve got a hole/leak, you can cut it and repair it with a connector. Worked for me.

Their you go bang on repair, did you have to drain before cutting in or is they isolation valves along the lines where you can cut it off before the repair

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have any of you guys used millers 5w 40 nanodrive engine oil? My cars going for service next few weeks want a good quality oil, but nanodrive states its for fast road use, is it too thick for a na? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Might have to risk second hand just want the issue sorted lol

Il wait Tomo to see if Cox come back with anything failing that Ill go directly to honda to see

·
Registered
60 Posts
Their you go bang on repair, did you have to drain before cutting in or is they isolation valves along the lines where you can cut it off before the repair
My a/c had leaked everywhere so the repair was easy enough for the a/c guy to do. I just can’t remember what the connectors were called. There was a sensor nearby but no issues. Remained intact and was still good when I sold the car.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've found someone breaking an fn2 near me & a salvage yard so I'm gonna dig around to find a replacement pipe in good condition

I mean 200 quid wot on earth

·
Registered
773 Posts
Might have to risk second hand just want the issue sorted lol

Il wait Tomo to see if Cox come back with anything failing that Ill go directly to honda to see
Might be o.k with second hand, it’s 50/50, might last one week, might last the span off how long you have the car. Be looking at a few pounds from Honda, what ever cox charge it out at Honda are usually £10-£20 more

5181 - 5200 of 5218 Posts