2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
5881 - 5900 of 5947 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Annoyingly I stripped a wheel lug.

Fortunately they appear easy to change as they seem to hammer out and in. Only issue is removing the disc and calliper but it shouldn't take long...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The suspension saga is finally over.

Fitted the two front struts and changed ARB bushes too.

The suspension is basically as new if not better now other than bits like the tie rod ends.

Will wait a few weeks to see how the Tein springs finally sit and handle.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,568 Posts
The suspension saga is finally over.

Fitted the two front struts and changed ARB bushes too.

The suspension is basically as new if not better now other than bits like the tie rod ends.

Will wait a few weeks to see how the Tein springs finally sit and handle.
Post a pic of how it’s sat, did you do a before and after pic?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Defi suits it mate, it’s brought it all together. Feel closure to the road now lol, how does the ride height compare.
Doesn't scrape on any of the local speed humps and hopefully won't even when settled.

Handles very nicely but that's partly due to me driving it around on a set of droplinks that were basically hanging off the car.

Still crashes a little at low speed but that's simply due to the suspension set up I think, it's otherwise compliant and smooth.

Really isn't much left to do to the car now.

Fuel filter and brakes, the latter could go on for awhile longer.

Wheels could be refurbished possibly with my next set of tyres or I'll just get another cheap set off eBay. Might even go down to DC2 15" wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Doesn't scrape on any of the local speed humps and hopefully won't even when settled.

Handles very nicely but that's partly due to me driving it around on a set of droplinks that were basically hanging off the car.

Still crashes a little at low speed but that's simply due to the suspension set up I think, it's otherwise compliant and smooth.

Really isn't much left to do to the car now.

Fuel filter and brakes, the latter could go on for awhile longer.

Wheels could be refurbished possibly with my next set of tyres or I'll just get another cheap set off eBay. Might even go down to DC2 15" wheels.
can i recommend you put some wheel spacers on it will make the wheels fit the arches ever better

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Does your drivers side rear sit lower then the passenger side rear? Am sure they all do and it's normal... *prays that I haven't got a twisted rear beam.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Does your drivers side rear sit lower then the passenger side rear? Am sure they all do and it's normal... *prays that I haven't got a twisted rear beam.
Maybe by millmeters but I can jam the same amount of fingers in both rear arches...

can i recommend you put some wheel spacers on it will make the wheels fit the arches ever better
Anyone got an idea of how spacers will look in comparison? I'll likely not get them as I'd rather not spend more money!!

Car hasn't dropped any further yet and I drove about 80 miles today. Will forget about it for a week or two.

It does handle pretty well now, slightly bouncy but overall very solid.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Maybe by millmeters but I can jam the same amount of fingers in both rear arches...

Anyone got an idea of how spacers will look in comparison? I'll likely not get them as I'd rather not spend more money!!

Car hasn't dropped any further yet and I drove about 80 miles today. Will forget about it for a week or two.

It does handle pretty well now, slightly bouncy but overall very solid.
I think gt spacers are pretty decent price, I have tegiwa, which are very good, pricey but if you wait till bank holidays they do big sales.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mine does, it sits near 8-9mm lower, drivers side to passenger side on both sides front and rear and I have looked at everything, suspension off 3-4 times, had it garage twice, but nobody could find anything, when I get time I’m booking it into aero sport or what ever they called,@JayR35 mentioned them.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'll measure it properly this weekend and see, the rears will have sunk to their intended level by now as it's been hundreds of miles since I installed them.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Three fingers on the one side, two on the other, (I really should take a proper measurement). Spings and shocks are new and have been checked out as working fine and installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Three fingers on the one side, two on the other, (I really should take a proper measurement). Spings and shocks are new and have been checked out as working fine and installed correctly.
Flat ground, bottom of the alloy to the arch, if you do it from the ground to arch this will give false reading due to possible difference in tyre inflation.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Flat ground, bottom of the alloy to the arch, if you do it from the ground to arch this will give false reading due to possible difference in tyre inflation.
Mine appear to be 544mm and 538mm rears with my ham fisted measuring. Around an 8mm difference.

Drivers side is also lower.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it anyway...

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Leaf springs on Series one Land Rovers are handed - Drivers side is set a little higher to accommodate the Fuel tank and driver weight ( designed in mind of the fact that for their intended purpose they would usually only have driver & no passengers). The fuel tank is directly under drivers seat & filled by lifting the seat to access the filler on top of the tank - gets me some odd looks while I'm filling up :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Gadget Display device

Light Audio equipment Font Gadget Computer

Wheel alignment seems "ok". The firm didn't even charge me for it.

Fronts were ok other than a tiny deviance on the left. But they said it's better off left as it is.

Rear right might have taken a knock at some point but it's not adjustable anyway.

Will probably just live with it.

Guess it isn't bad for home changed front struts...

5881 - 5900 of 5947 Posts