2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
6041 - 6060 of 6146 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Might have contracted Covid... Booked a test, went for it and got a puncture in one of my front tyres all in the space of 30 mins :ROFLMAO:

Although if I do have it then I'm not going to be able to drive to the tyre place on Tues to have them fitted!!!
Worst case scenario, surely you could use a mobile tyre fitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
1,738 Posts
Removed spoiler and made it water tight, have to do the fishing line trick to cut it off in the future, all the little white plastic clips on the rear boot door, as their is water run marks from them and dirt is building up in the seam at the bottom off the boot, possible future rust prevention. Hydrate 80 the little rust spots in boot and the one on the inside arch, below is the culprit. To be fair it wasn’t as bad as it looks, sanded it and it was just really light surfuce rust, Still got treated.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Space savers appear to ride higher than my car on 16" as I had to jack it up further to get the spare on the car...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Looks good with the new alloy, you fitting the other 3👍🤣 massive improvement.
Whilst doing 50mph on the dual carriageway to the tire shop I could have sworn I saw a Volvo overtake me at high speed with what looked like four space savers o_O

Spacesavers are horrible, they are noisy as anything plus you can feel the possible doom if you were to have to brake or do anything suddenly.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I went to a car that had to put 2 spacesavers on following a collision with debris. I told them to go straight to a tyre fitters to get the proper tyres back on and stick to 50mph. Did they listen to me? Did they heck! I got tasked to a RTC a couple of days later to a car on its roof, I asked control for a description of the vehicle, I recognised the description when it came back - sure enough, it was Mr Spacesaver, he was tanking it when he lost control and flipped it!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I read somewhere once that space savers should be used for rear wheels only. That would mean putting the rear wheel on the front and spacesaver at the back.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mr Spacesaver knew better and put them both on the same side. I made sure I informed traffic police when they turned up of my previous interaction with the driver.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve always wanted to drive around with four spacesavers for lols and see how comical the handling would be. I’d imagine some easy slides would follow.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I thumbed through the Civic's manual and it made no mention of needing the Spacesaver on the rear.

Possibly for the FN2 as the spacesaver doesn't clear the front brake callipers but the regular mk8 has no such issues.

It didn't handle "that" badly, was just noisy as hell and there was a spaceship like woooooooOOOOOO sound from 20mph to around 30mph+ until road noise drowned it out. Possibly because of the solid metal disc as the wheel instead of alloy spokes, road noise bouncing off it!

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
No idea? mate, I've never owned a rear wheel drive.
whaaaat oooh dood you have to sometime, any will do it brings a grin like no other tbh.

All i did was drive the still dirty betty to work and back today :( going to try and skin off early tomorrow i cant take it anymore!

oh and heres a wierd one, so since applying natty carnauba top wax, any time my cars clean it gets covered in flies and varius insects i thought it was the beads of water but they do it when its dry too....we researched at work and insects find caranuba wax irresistible, they are still micro-nibbling the coating after 3 weeks driving......loads of spiders too hahah, its like crack to them its only harmful to them if it has silicates which ofc PoorBoys doesnt :) so im not harming but feeding my local bugs :p before twatting their cousins on grill and windscreen/front. ying and yang a bit like betty really. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
4,136 Posts
I read somewhere once that space savers should be used for rear wheels only. That would mean putting the rear wheel on the front and spacesaver at the back.

not easy with a BMW with different sizes F & R

6041 - 6060 of 6146 Posts